Mortal Kombat Legacy's Darren Shahlavi (Kano) Dies at 42

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Legacy's Darren Shahlavi (Kano) Dies at 42

Post by Gambid »

Actor and martial artist Darren Shahlavi, best known to the Mortal Kombat fans for playing Kano in 3 episodes of the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy has passed away on January 14 at the young age of 42.
Mortal Kombat Legacy Darren Shahlavi Dies At 42
The sad news was first publicly announced by his agent and by Bobby Shahlavi on his Facebook page. No cause of death has currently been announced:

It is with immense sadness we have to inform you all of the news of the death of our dearest Darren Shahlavi. Darren dared to dream and was brave enough to follow his dreams and make them a reality. He wanted to be a movie star! Sounds crazy right? But he made it happen. He fulfilled so many of his career ambitions and acted along side and met many of his childhood heroes and screen legends including Donnie Yen, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Sammo Hung, Robin Williams & George Clooney to name just a few. He was a kind, honest and decent human being. You will be missed my dear Darren, by family, friends, colleagues and many fans. You are a legend and a legend never dies. Your films and your legacy will live on forever and you will always remain in our hearts. We are all so proud of you and you will continue to inspire us all for generations. Sleep well Darren and keep on dreaming. Love you always… Your family X

More recently Darren Shahlavi appeared in the pilot episode of CW's show Arrow.

Darren Shahlavi is the second actor who had played Kano and has died unexpectedly and long before his time. Trevor Goddard played the Black Dragon mercenary in the first Mortal Kombat movie back in 1995 and passed away in 2003 from drug overdose (Unexpected Death, JAG star died from drug overdose).

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
valas991
Apprentice

Re: Mortal Kombat Legacy's Darren Shahlavi (Kano) Dies at 42

Post by valas991 »

I'd say don't worry, because : "No one really ever dies in Mortal Kombat", but this is real life...and it's sometimes sad. Rest in Peace Darren!

Return to “News Articles”