Why is it so hard to resurrect Liu Kang?

artexerxes101
Mortal

Why is it so hard to resurrect Liu Kang?

Post by artexerxes101 »

I was just reading up on the older MK games, namely MK:DA and MK:D. As you all know, Liu Kang was killed in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, but was reanimated in Mortal Kombat: Deception. Of course, he wasn't the only good guy killed in MK:DA. Jax, Sonya, Cage, Kung Lao, and Kitana were killed at the end of MK:DA, but they were later resurrected at the same time MK:D took place (although they were never playable in the game). On the other hand, Liu Kang was killed in MK:DA, like the others, but he is never resurrected. Instead, he becomes a zombie and his spirit and body remain separate. What I don't understand is how he still remains dead after dying in MK:DA, whereas all his allies who were killed in the same game are resurrected.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Why is it so hard to resurrect Liu Kang?

Post by Gambid »

It is easy, Liu Kang was reanimated by Raiden to help his agenda. But what actually came back to life wasn't exactly Liu Kang. As for the others, they were revived by the Dragon King and their souls were enslaved by him to serve him. It was actually the spirit of Liu Kang, who freed them in the end, with a little help from Ermac. Fact is, when the Dragon King revived them, he brought the bodies and souls back together and nothing like this happened to Liu Kang, as his body was revived without his soul.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
artexerxes101
Mortal

Post by artexerxes101 »

I was actually thinking the same thing, but I needed to confirm it. Thanks!
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

You are welcome
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Redbull
Mortal

Post by Redbull »

In Mortal Kombat,there is something common in between the realms,especially between Earthrealm (or otherwise called 'Earth') and Outworld is that if an Earthrealmer dies,his or her soul is transported to Outworld where his/her presence would not be felt by any form or element of matter except for speacial people like Ermac who it seems can even feel the presence of The One Being but not only Ermac,also powerful wizards like Onaga,Shao Khan,Quan Chi and even Shang Tsung,I believe even gods are also given this ability.i.e such a soul of a dead person would just wander aimlessly round the realm it was transported to without any form of growth or development.This same thing also happens when an Outworlder dies as his/her soul is taken down to Earth but all the souls of the dead can choose by themselves either to wander around or to be reborn as another being entirely in the realm they were transported to.All this happens in order to prevent the possible resurrection of the dead people.

Return to “General Discussion”