[Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors

bober1995
Mortal

Re: [Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors

Post by bober1995 »

a.martin wrote:for now the tutorial worked excelent! :D but there are still some loose ends but goes pretty well take a look

but the things I haven't managed to make white are
for example:
-the glow around the char stills green
-the lights that it's proyected from the ring to the construct
-the shining of a few of the constructs
yeah I know, I have no idea how to change that remaining stuff and its bugging me. I made the tutorial so that others may get a jump start on finding these little things because I wasn't able to. :) sorry i cant help more.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

bober1995: Well i posted this tutorial from unclefestor some time ago, but maybe it help you little bit - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht4bk ... estor).rar . Its some basics how find and add things to your structures.ini and etc.
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

bober1995 wrote:yeah I know, I have no idea how to change that remaining stuff and its bugging me. I made the tutorial so that others may get a jump start on finding these little things because I wasn't able to. :) sorry i cant help more.
hey not a problem man, it's pretty cool how far it went we'll find out eventually the other glows.. but there's one thing I didn't notice, I've edited the stars and HandGlow files and didn't notice much change..
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:
bober1995 wrote:yeah I know, I have no idea how to change that remaining stuff and its bugging me. I made the tutorial so that others may get a jump start on finding these little things because I wasn't able to. :) sorry i cant help more.
hey not a problem man, it's pretty cool how far it went we'll find out eventually the other glows.. but there's one thing I didn't notice, I've edited the stars and HandGlow files and didn't notice much change..
Well only _emis and _diff could change color i think, _pmsk not change color at all, so left things only edit by color picker.
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

a.martin wrote:
Yeah all i noticed was that that file affected the stars, if you change the color or something it makes the sparkle to his glow go away. I actually havent figured out how or if you can change the color of the sparkle and have it take affect in-game
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

wyruzzah wrote:bober1995: Well i posted this tutorial from unclefestor some time ago, but maybe it help you little bit - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht4bk ... estor).rar . Its some basics how find and add things to your structures.ini and etc.
Yeah I had actually saw your comment with this link before and have tried to follow his directions but even doing so I haven't been able to find and successfully use color picker to change any other colors for green lantern.
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

also a new thing, It seems not to work with sinestro.. I did the procedure twice and still everything yellow.. :/
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

a.martin wrote:also a new thing, It seems not to work with sinestro.. I did the procedure twice and still everything yellow.. :/
yeah I never tried with sinestro but I didn't think it was going to work anyways, what I did to find these construct colors the first time was I had both green lantern and sinestro open in color picker and compared them to see where there was a color difference but sinestro always had more options and never compared perfectly with green lantern. A better way to do this I found was to compare green lantern's yellow lantern costume with the regime one because they are the same in every way except one is yellow and one is green.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Well guys some FX can be swaped, so last details for one color construct for characters, can be used. Just use hex editor and try swap thing that are already colored by your color for FX that you cannot find manually. Maybe it sounds weird, but change FX's is not something new.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

a.martin wrote:for now the tutorial worked excelent! :D but there are still some loose ends but goes pretty well take a look

for example:
I started a Red Lantern a while back. Here's 2 Videos. Let me know if it's anything close to what you're trying to do & I'll help you out :)

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

UncleFestor wrote:

for example:
I started a Red Lantern a while back. Here's 2 Videos. Let me know if it's anything close to what you're trying to do & I'll help you out :)

Yeah thats almost completed Red Lantern, just few effects left if im not mistaken ? Did you tried swap FX's for remaining green effects? :) If you can upload structures .ini for lantern it would be epic, because even with your help on PSX forum im still confused how find manually colors for constructs :D
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Actually I haven't tried that yet, but it should take care of the remaining Green effects on floor & Construct trails. I've been so busy with work I haven't updated anything.
I've also started an Iced Scorpion that refracts stage lighting to change the Ice color of his skin. I'm hoping that this weekend I'll have some time to tie up 2 or 3 of my mods & finally release them.

I'm also working on creating a tool/trainer to allow you to specify a stage to fight on, which will allow for DLC Stages (Still a ways off & I'll probably need to get together with some other modders to create the actual trainer). I'll post my Color Structure files sometime this week.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

UncleFestor wrote:Actually I haven't tried that yet, but it should take care of the remaining Green effects on floor & Construct trails. I've been so busy with work I haven't updated anything.
I've also started an Iced Scorpion that refracts stage lighting to change the Ice color of his skin. I'm hoping that this weekend I'll have some time to tie up 2 or 3 of my mods & finally release them.

I'm also working on creating a tool/trainer to allow you to specify a stage to fight on, which will allow for DLC Stages (Still a ways off & I'll probably need to get together with some other modders to create the actual trainer). I'll post my Color Structure files sometime this week.
Yes about remaining green effects you could definetly swap them or turn them off. But swap is better & definetly nicer :) I hope we will see some mods from you again. I missed your mods and etc.
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

UncleFestor wrote:

for example:

This is exactly what I am looking to try to do, if you could describe what files to change or even better upload the .ini file for green lantern that you use for his structures like wyruzzah suggested that would be awesome and I would really appreciate it. There's a lot of people who want to make colored lanterns (including myself) and you seem to have figured out the most stuff. I want to try to make a full tutorial but IO can't without your help.
KingKRool2002
Warrior

Post by KingKRool2002 »

In regards to changing the color of the constructs via DDS files, which I am changing via Photoshop, do I save them as DTX1 with Alpha or without? Also, do I generate new mipmaps or use the original ones? Is this the same for other characters' attacks (and hair)? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've been really sick these last weeks, but I'm planning on making a Pink Lantern and a Brown Lantern. I need to know how to save the DDS files first though. I know that I normally save the costume DDS files as DTX5 with generate new mipmaps, but when I do that with Wonder Woman's shield & sword (or Nightwing's hair), what I see in-game is all white hair and weird striped colors on the shield & sword, so I'm obviously doing something wrong when I save them.

Thanks.

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Skins”