[Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors

bober1995
Mortal

[Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors

Post by bober1995 »

Hello

I've been reading a lot of people trying to figure out how to change the color of green lanterns constructs so that they can make different colored lanterns. This is a tutorial on how to do that, unfortunately that is the only thing I have figured out how to change. I am trying to make a red lantern but cannot figure out how to change anything else so I am hoping others with more experience than me can figure it out using what I have figured out as a jump start.

You need the MKKE Color Picker, to do this. You can get it here from unclefester, http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/9060074/89/

First you need to decompress and extract the green lantern CHAR_ file you will be using (found in the asset folder in the injustice directory) using tools from heymanjack's tutorial, http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... ilit=joker .

Once you have it extracted, search the folder for a .txt file that is titled "nametable".

Take this file and put it in the nametable's folder in the color picker folder and then drag the file over the ntt.exe and follow its directions. Also put the main CHAR_ file in the MKKEcolor directory.

Next run the MKKEColor.exe, in the source file section put the name of the CHAR_ file, make sure to put the .xxx at the end of it. DONT HIT THE LOAD BUTTON.

Click the "costume color editing" box. On the table section change it to the CHAR_ file you are using and then click the make button. This will take a minute or two but don't worry it's not frozen. Doing this makes a lot more presets pop up to change colors.

Before changing anything change the output file on the bottom to the same as the source file. This makes it so you can edit multiple colors without reopening the file. Also make sure you hit save after every color change.

Okay so this is the important part. These are the different presets and what changes what on the constructs.
-Glowcolor (parameter linear color) = affects the glow the symbol and the highlights of the construct glow. Both colors on this preset change different aspects of the highlights
-Fresnal color (parameter linear color) = affects the shadowing of the constructs
-Cloud highlight (parameter linear color) = slightly affects the highlight of the constructs (it affects the little swirly colors on the inside of the constructs)
-Cloud lowlight (parameter linear color) = this affects the base color of the construct

After two straight days of trying to figure this out (because it was bugging me that I couldn't figure it out) this is all I found. The glow around the charactor himself, the color of the missile trails and little details like that I cant figure out. What I want to find the most is how to change the glow around his body.

If anyone figures out how to change any other glow colors for green lantern please reply and let everyone else know, it will make my day :D

Hope this helps everyone.

[edit]
I have found a few other files that are just textures to change the color of using photoshop or something that affects green lantern outside of the color picker. I'll put the name and what they affect below.
-GreenLantern_A_Stars.dds = this affects the sparkly-ness of his body glow, I haven't figured out how to actually change the color of it to give an effect
-GL_A_Lantern_Diff.dds = editing this changes the color of the lantern he pulls out when you use his special power. In my experiance you need to save it as a DXT1 version of a .dds file or it won't work, it may be different for others.
-GL_Lantern_Diff.dds = editing this affects the color of the lantern in the background when you do the special move
-GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis.dds = editing this changes the color of the glow of his hands and changes the color of the sparks/smoke when constructs appear or disappear. Again, in my experiance you need to save it as a DXT1 version of a .dds file or it won't work.
Last edited by bober1995 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Re: [Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors

Post by a.martin »

You, My friend are a hero! I'll try this metod today (friday) and if it works I'll update sinestro (white and green) lantern) also hal jordan white lantern and maybe there will be a blue lantern, I don't know if hal or sinestro but it might be the one with the less alt skins
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

bober1995: Thx for info man.. i have very long time unfinished Red Lantern costume (RL logo not changed yet) and without Red constructs i dont wanted release him. I will try MKKE again with your tutorial :)
Attachments
Red Lantern (unfinished)
Red Lantern (unfinished)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

BTW: This post by Unclefestor may helps little bit too.

''Now your working on IGAU Packages so it's highly likely that the structure thats associated with the color you want to change isn't already defined in the color picker so you'll need to locate the structure manually, then you can add it to the structure ini file the picker uses to search for all instances of that structure.

You can find the structure Via Hex editor & nametable. Look in the name table you created for the Char file { the .nt file }, for the color structure you want to locate. It'll have a hex value that you can search the Char package for. Then trace it to a color. You can also look through all the strings in the .ny by searching for " color " in notepad ++ then search for that hex value in the Char Package to find the structure it's tacked on to.''

+ Missile trails, color for Lantern (container) and some other details are just textures, so you can change them in photoshop or other program. Check for example ...\CHAR_GreenLantern\Texture2D\GL_Lantern_Diff.dds, GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis.dds, GL_Lantern_Emis
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

wyruzzah wrote:bober1995: Thx for info man.. i have very long time unfinished Red Lantern costume (RL logo not changed yet) and without Red constructs i dont wanted release him. I will try MKKE again with your tutorial :)
wow great red lantern man, I can't wait to see it, btw: in perspective the logo isn't much of a problem once you got the constructs recolored, that so far a great WIN

Man it's been weeks since I haven't got into the site again.. I can't wait to get back on some proyects and see new ones..
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:bober1995: Thx for info man.. i have very long time unfinished Red Lantern costume (RL logo not changed yet) and without Red constructs i dont wanted release him. I will try MKKE again with your tutorial :)
wow great red lantern man, I can't wait to see it, btw: in perspective the logo isn't much of a problem once you got the constructs recolored, that so far a great WIN

Man it's been weeks since I haven't got into the site again.. I can't wait to get back on some proyects and see new ones..
Thx man costume its based on attached image. Only logo and red hair missin' :) Yep i have too some unfinished projects, but some are lost forever due disc formatting :(((
Attachments
2021478-1220319_hal_jordan__003__01__super.png
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

wyruzzah wrote:Thx man costume its based on attached image. Only logo and red hair missin' :) Yep i have too some unfinished projects, but some are lost forever due disc formatting :(((
hey, the hair it ain't gonna be a problem for you :) the blood on his mouth looks weird but anyway looks awesome!!
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:Thx man costume its based on attached image. Only logo and red hair missin' :) Yep i have too some unfinished projects, but some are lost forever due disc formatting :(((
hey, the hair it ain't gonna be a problem for you :) the blood on his mouth looks weird but anyway looks awesome!!
Yeah hair are not problem at all :) About blood on his mouth it looks maybe weird, but he has blood on that image too and i like accuracy. Truly i dont read comics with Hal Jordal as Red Lantern yet, so im not sure why he has this blooded mouth, but probably because power of hate do some damage to him or something like that :) I will definetly read comics in time.
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

yeah and if he doesn't have the blood on his mouth you can always update the skin :D

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/j ... esized.jpg

https://yy2.staticflickr.com/3424/37967 ... d0bfae.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/ ... er8108.jpg

he seems not to have blood on his mouth, but I also saw many pictures with a little blood..
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:yeah and if he doesn't have the blood on his mouth you can always update the skin :D

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/j ... esized.jpg

https://yy2.staticflickr.com/3424/37967 ... d0bfae.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/ ... er8108.jpg

he seems not to have blood on his mouth, but I also saw many pictures with a little blood..
Yeah its not problem remove that blood from texture or maybe it could be used as alternative skin without blood and with classic brown hair.
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

that alt skin would be totally awesome!! also I cant wait for your batwoman skins :)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:that alt skin would be totally awesome!! also I cant wait for your batwoman skins :)
Yeah Batgirl (NEW 52) is finished, but not uploaded and Batwoman (MYSTERY OF BW) almost too i just wanted make a bat logo bigger maybe and Classic Batgirl skin i even not started, due no much free time. Also i wanted make Green Skull (Amalgam of Red Skull and Lex Luthor) skin for Lex :)
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

wyruzzah wrote:
a.martin wrote:
Yeah hair are not problem at all :) About blood on his mouth it looks maybe weird, but he has blood on that image too and i like accuracy. Truly i dont read comics with Hal Jordal as Red Lantern yet, so im not sure why he has this blooded mouth, but probably because power of hate do some damage to him or something like that :) I will definetly read comics in time.
To change the hair color you just edit the Hair tint diffuse(parameter linear color) =)
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

a.martin wrote:You, My friend are a hero! I'll try this metod today (friday) and if it works I'll update sinestro (white and green) lantern) also hal jordan white lantern and maybe there will be a blue lantern, I don't know if hal or sinestro but it might be the one with the less alt skins
these parameters to edit are based off the new52 greenlantern costume, for sinestro and other costumes the parameters are a bit different. I spent most of my time on the new52 one. What I did was have the new52 costume and the yellow lantern costume open in the MKKE color picker at the same time and I just scrolled through to see which colors were different between them and I then changed that one to red in my skin.

I also looked at the sinestro skin to try to change it but it is a little different, it should still work the same if you edit these parameters.
bober1995
Mortal

Post by bober1995 »

wyruzzah wrote:BTW: This post by Unclefestor may helps little bit too.

''Now your working on IGAU Packages so it's highly likely that the structure thats associated with the color you want to change isn't already defined in the color picker so you'll need to locate the structure manually, then you can add it to the structure ini file the picker uses to search for all instances of that structure.

You can find the structure Via Hex editor & nametable. Look in the name table you created for the Char file { the .nt file }, for the color structure you want to locate. It'll have a hex value that you can search the Char package for. Then trace it to a color. You can also look through all the strings in the .ny by searching for " color " in notepad ++ then search for that hex value in the Char Package to find the structure it's tacked on to.''

+ Missile trails, color for Lantern (container) and some other details are just textures, so you can change them in photoshop or other program. Check for example ...\CHAR_GreenLantern\Texture2D\GL_Lantern_Diff.dds, GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis.dds, GL_Lantern_Emis
So I tried to change the lantern color and the hand glow but then the game shows a bunch of white lines instead of just changing the texture color. Any idea why?
green lantern hand glow affected.png
green lantern lantern color.png

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Skins”