MKX E3 - All Characters, Story, Variations, Arenas, Images..

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MKX E3 - All Characters, Story, Variations, Arenas, Images..

Post by Gambid »

Just as expected, information from E3 just keeps coming and coming. So, here is a small summary about all that was revealed during the PlayStation Livecast:

Lets start with the characters: The shown select screen has place holders for 24 characters with 6 available in the build: Scorpion, Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah, Sub-Zero.
Every character in the game has three different versions with special moves exclusive to some variation of the fighter.
Now, lets take a closer look at the new characters:
D'Vorah: A half insect, half human being.
Ferra/Torr: A character composed of two fighters.
Kotal Kahn: Almost nothing is known about this character. Any relation to the currently destroyed former emperor of Outworld is unknown.
Cassie Cage: The previously unannounced new character. According to Ed Boon himself she is the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, some of the only survivors from the previous game.
Story: The story picks up where Mortal Kombat 9 left of but then it will covers the next 25 years. So you will see a lot of new characters and even some aged classic Mortal Kombat characters.

Arenas: At least three arenas are available in the E3 build, including the Outworld Marketplace the Forest stage from the announcement trailer:
The final boss is going to be a returning character. This leaves a lot of place for discussions. Interactibles, X-Ray and the Super Meter are back.

You can watch the live stream yourself and see all the amazing footage/ It starts at 2:27:00:
Don't forget to visit our Mortal Kombat X section where you can find all available information about the game, including story details and videos.

Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Re: MKX E3 - All Characters, Story, Variations, Arenas, Imag

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

The different versions special moves is something that i hope the will remove it. It will confuse users on gameplay with combos. For some reason i like a lot the D'Vorah character. I think she will be one of my best in this game! I also saw a character with a mafia hat or something like that and i thought about Mavado and his concept art with hat. Hopefully Kenshi will be on that game! And Fujin also! Now the characters are 24, but i think we will have 6 dlc's just to go to number 30! Ferra/Torr is a tottaly new idea on MK universe. As for the throw things on stages remind's me not the Injustice, but the MK4 days when i used to throw the heads and the rocks to my opponents! That's someting i like a lot! I also like the thing that the character can do things on stage, but i hope not in full injustice style. I mean not the hit's and go to other stage after 20 wall breaks etc. The arena's is something really cool in MK game's. We see all over the years the arenas in MK games so i would like to see lot of good arenas, and good stage fatalities also. As for special guest characters? Put in each console his special (example to PS Kratos, to PC/XBOX Master Chief from Halo) or not put nobody! There also other cool characters i would love to see in MK games like Dante, Ash Williams from Evil Dead, the Gears Of War guy (can't remember his name) etc. The story i guess will be MK4 to MK6 with brand new staff in it. It is something really interesting to see. If we are going to see 25 years of Kombat we will see a big story and an interesting story. The final boss will be Shinnok (after MK9 ending i can't think something else) or if Quan Chi kill shinnok and form the Deadly Allieance and be the boss! In this 25 years also Shujinko will be an old man so probably we will see him in this game. Or Onaga! Imagine Onaga? If storyline goes 4 to 6 Onaga will be the boss!!! These are my thought's guys! Thank you for posting all this staff in the forum!

BOON DONT FORGET TO PUT KENSHI AND FUJIN!!!
valas991
Apprentice

Post by valas991 »

i believe, we won't have a lot of old chars from MK9 due to the storyline
but i hope, we'll get classic characters as DLC (such as Kitana, Liu Kang...and a lot of guys who died in MK9
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here. I'm looking forward to MKX. Hoping that there's a good mix of new and old characters. Was expecting some of the ones killed off in MK9 to turn up as villains controlled through the Netherrealm by whoever the boss is. The new arenas look awesome.
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

25 YEARS! It's like Boon is trying to push his luck and pull a Tekken 3!
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

25 years is definitely a long time and playing with the MK Story line in this way can definitely have consequences on future installments of the franchise. I truly hope they know what they are doing story wise. But they did a great job with MKVSDCU, MK9 and Injustice, so I see no reason to be worried just yet.
I Rule This World!

Danny
Mortal

Post by Danny »

I am kinda surprised about the new stuff, considering MK9 was pure nostalgia, these characters are a radical shift from that.

We can assume "ageless" characters like Raiden, Jade or Ermac are more likely to make an appearance with the time jump, but I wonder if Mavado and other 4-DA-D characters can be playable...

I guess the most obvious bet for the final boss is Quan Chi/Shinnok, anything else would be far from obvious at this point.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

With a story like this pretty much anybody can appear in the game. You may have characters from the past, the story picks up where MK9 left off. 25 years is not really that much, most characters should still be alive, if not killed in the meantime.
I Rule This World!

Danny
Mortal

Post by Danny »

Yes, but I think the fact that they introduce Cassie Cage means her parents won't be playable as "older" characters.

Judging by Ed Boon's comments on the final boss, I guess it'll be a bigger surprise than Quan Chi/Shinnok, I guess something even more extreme than Dark Raiden even...
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

Well...I can't guess at the boss if it's not Shinnok . But it is interesting that they are introducing a variation of Street Fighter Alpha's isms.

Return to “News Articles”