Mortal Kombat X Announced - Detailed Information and Trailer

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat X Announced - Detailed Information and Trailer

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios and Warner Bros have just announced the next major Mortal Kombat installment, Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, XBox 360, XBox One and Windows PC. According to the announcement, the game will be shown for the first time during next weeks Electronic Entertainment Expo and will be released in 2015.

The only currently confirmed characters are Scorpion and Sub-Zero. The game will offer players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Take a look at the announcement trailer:
For more information take a look at the official press release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES MORTAL KOMBAT X

Electrifying Next Generation Iconic Fighting Game from NetherRealm Studios Unveiled

Burbank, Calif. – June 2, 2014 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Update 01:
We have just launched our Mortal Kombat X game section. For all available information, images and video downloads, make sure to check it out.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Last edited by Gambid on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Re: Mortal Kombat X Confirmed - Announcement Trailer

Post by LordSpleach »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!
Danny
Mortal

Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced - Detailed Information and Tra

Post by Danny »

And just the other week I was wondering that MK9 would be the last ever game...

Such an amazing news that there is going to be a PS3 version, I don't have to buy a PS4 just yet! :D

Of course Scorpion & Sub-Zero are the first ones to be confirmed as no MK will ever be released without them, but what's the story going to be like? Will it be 4-DA-D merged? Or a completely new plot continuing the MK9 story mode? Can they afford to leave out old characters and include Reiko, Jarek, Mavado, Frost etc? So many questions for the next year... :)
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

Finally a new Mortal Kombat. The trailer looks amazing, can't say I am a big fan of the soundtrack, but it kind of grows on me after the 10th replay :D

Can't wait to find out more.

Btw why is Sub-Zero always loosing to Scorpion when they fight in trailers :( It's not fair :(
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

I saw the trailer this morning through IGN and holy shit, I was amazed.

I don't know what the storyline would be like, but right now, I'm very interested in the new concept of having multiple variations of each character. So can we expect to see a slow, heavy-hitting moveset for Scorpion and perhaps a version where he's much more agile with fast, but not so damaging moveset for Scorpion? That's what I think so I could be wrong.

And I'm surprised they're releasing this next year. Mortal Kombat only came out in 2011 and they just released Injustice: Gods Among Us last year, so seeing as they have a good year and a half, I just hope it isn't rushed. Deception and Armageddon seemed like they were, but they were still fun nonetheless. I'm looking forward to a hell of a game and I can't wait to come back to be active again, speculating new characters, who will be on the roster, any DLC, any story plots and the such :)
superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

BEST TRAILER EVER!!!
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

MoDuL
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by MoDuL »

Noob Saibot wrote: Btw why is Sub-Zero always loosing to Scorpion when they fight in trailers :( It's not fair :(
Because Scorpion is Ed Boon's Fav :S
superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

MoDuL wrote:
Noob Saibot wrote: Btw why is Sub-Zero always loosing to Scorpion when they fight in trailers :( It's not fair :(
Because Scorpion is Ed Boon's Fav :S
yeah, I'd like to say that's unfair. I mean, sub-zero is as badass as scorpion and also as powerfull. I would really like to see a bunch of trailers with sub zero winning and losing (I mean, take this trailer as an example, scorpion won, but the next triler sould be about sub-zero winning) but unfortunately, that is not going to happen with Mr. Boon's fanboyness to scorpion :(
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

I'm already getting sick of this fanboy nitpicking of "Why does Sub-Zero always have to die in trailers?"

Boo hoo

Shut up

Enjoy the fact that we ARE getting a new MK.

Besides Sub-Zero usually has good endings for his story.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

The different variation of a characters and the original story are the two big question marks right now. More information should be revealed on E3 next week. Man, I picked a wrong week for my vacation,I guess I will travel with all the needed things to update the site :D

I really hope, the story continues the storyfrom Mortal Kombat 2011 and does not start something new or alternative. What do you guys think?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
minisubzero628
Mortal
PSN: onitenla

Post by minisubzero628 »

Well I love the look of the new game, but I'm worried it will be to much like injustice. I like injustice but I found the interaction with the background a feature that was so easily spammed. It reminds me like mk 4. Think about it looks like it's 2-d but in a 3-d world and it seems after Sub Zero threw Scorpion into a tree, they seemed to shift diagonally. Also the weapons on the floor that can be dropped is another feature of mk4. I just can't wait for the story. I've been waiting to see what will happen next for some time. In the end mk is back and looking better than ever!
valas991
Apprentice

Post by valas991 »

Gambid wrote:The different variation of a characters and the original story are the two big question marks right now. More information should be revealed on E3 next week. Man, I picked a wrong week for my vacation,I guess I will travel with all the needed things to update the site :D

I really hope, the story continues the storyfrom Mortal Kombat 2011 and does not start something new or alternative. What do you guys think?
i don't know the previously games' storylines (tho i started watching your awesome videos about the franchise's history) but i doubt it'll continue the storyline of mk9...since almost everybody died :p

but if they won't continue, that shinnok line was senseless.... so idk
btw. looking forward to it. i hope i'll have a better pc so i'll be able to enjoy the mods you guys will (hopefully) create
Danny
Mortal

Post by Danny »

Yes, a lot of "classic" characters died, but that includes Sub-Zero yet we've seen him in the trailer (plus not even in his cyber form) so it's up to anyone's guess.
superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

well, I have a theory:
Sub-Zero may have respauned from hell as a spectre, like scorpion (that may explain the glowing eyes and kind of "evil" look) as his soul isn't a machine (yeah, he may have appeared in netherrealm as a cyborg, but that was a mistake, like Jax's arms, as prosthesis are not a natural part of the human body)
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Danny
Mortal

Post by Danny »

^I hope that's not the case, because that's just more or less a rehash of the Noob Saibot concept.

It is also possible "classic" Sub-Zero is just in the game as an alternate version or whatever, unrelated to the story. Can they release a MK game without Kung Lao, Jax, Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf, Sindel, Kitana, Jade, Smoke or Shang Tsung as at least one of them being available as a playable character anyway?

Return to “News Articles”