MK Recap 3: The Future of MK: Legacy and The New Movie

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MK Recap 3: The Future of MK: Legacy and The New Movie

Post by Gambid »

As we reported a few months back, Mortal Kombat: Legacy director Kevin Tancharoen informed the fans at the end of last year that he is leaving Mortal Kombat after three years spent with the franchise. Ever since that day, there has been a complete eclipse regarding the fate of the third season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy and that of the new movie. All that changed, when NerdReactor interviewed Kevin about his latest project:

With Legacy, you have approached each season differently, with the first one being an anthology of sorts.

With Legacy Season 1, it was kind of a big experiment. No one has done it before, and we didn’t know if should be an anthology or connected. We did the first one as an anthology and the second one more serialized. In the future, it will definitely be more connected and more cohesive.

We are starting to talk about it [Legacy Season 3] literally this week (knock on wood). I’m starting to talk to Warner Bros. and the video game creators, so hopefully we can see it through.

We better see it, especially after that cliffhanger in Legacy Season 2.

I know, we pissed off way too many people. Ed Boon and I are going to get together and chat and talk to Warner Bros. about figuring it out.

Is this the reason why we’re not going to see a Mortal Kombat movie from you?

We all feel right now that we have such a trajectory to the series. There are so many more stories to tell in that format.

So, there we have it. It seems that there is still hope for Season 3 of Mortal Kombat: Legacy, while the new movie seems to be on hold, at least according to its former director.

Click here to read the entire interview.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”