Mortal

Re: Alt Skin list, questions

Post by HRTKING »

ok, thanks bro ;)

machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

has anyone made any progress at all into a possible fix??
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Not really. I tried find something in coalesced.ini, but nothing what can provide more lines, so now its my only tip and i recommend check archives in game and remember skin order by bios or u can write that order somewhere :D
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

or maybe add the name of the character to the bio so we know what each one is?
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

machine4578: Well yes, but u must inform every modder about that, u can still recognize most characters by bio :)
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

there isn't a Number that specifies how many skins are showing? I've count and there're 11 spaces for one name each maybe that'll help you find what you're looking for
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

wyruzzah wrote:machine4578: u can still recognize most characters by bio :)
not really, most bios are generic and copies of copies.. but anyway, i will edit the files myself so its easy to determine what character is what after the 11 showing..
this seems to be the only solution for now..
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

a.martin wrote:there isn't a Number that specifies how many skins are showing? I've count and there're 11 spaces for one name each maybe that'll help you find what you're looking for
Yeah there is 11 skins showing. 1 is default and 10 for alternative costumes. I changed this number in my .ini, but nothing happens. When i tried change this number in coalesced.ini, game wont start :(
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

Okay I looked into this awhile back & as far as extending the actual visible list of costume names, that won't be possible. That section of the screen is sectioned off to allow the VS pics to display properly. So the only option would be to shrink the text size.

Now like wyruzzah mentioned earlier it is possible to change the order that the costumes are listed. And IF I remember correctly that can be done on a per character basis. So, you can change the order for each character to suit your taste. It's fairly simple to make the changes.

When I get some free time I'll take another look @ this and see if there's anything that I can change to make it a bit better. But, I doubt it. This game is very different than MKKE. The Dev's pretty much locked everything to restrict what can be changed.

Example :
Player & Stage select screens are hard coded with a set size. The screens are actually a grid that contains cells. The grid has Rows & Columns with 1 cell per column/row. So if the grid size is 6x6 it'll contain 36 cells. Increasing the grid size is possible, but the Select screen itself is also locked so it won't scroll. Each individual cell is locked. So increasing the grid size just spreads the existing cells to different sections, and the new cells that are created are NOT selectable, even if you add characters or stages to them. This of course was intentionally done by the devs to limit modding.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

if the text can be smaller to allow for more costumes to be shown, that be great..

and thanks UncleFester for looking into a solution!
condeecas
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by condeecas »

Do we have any progress on this yet?
"Groovy" - Ash Williams
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Sorry man, we dont :( :( Creators are smart guys.
Darknighter
Mortal

Post by Darknighter »

Instead of making the list longer or font smaller, what about modding the list so that as you scroll down, the higher alt names disappear and the lower ones show up, and vice versa when you scroll back up?

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Skins”