Interview With Producer John Podlasek

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Interview With Producer John Podlasek

Post by Gambid »

Yesterday Bonus Stage published an intersview with MK: Deception's Producer John Podlasek:
BonusStage: Is there anything special that can be done online in Mortal Kombat: Deception that can’t be done offline (or vice versa)?
John Podlasek: The great thing about online will be the ability to kick butt against total strangers...or distant friends. We think the online modes will be huge since you should be able to find some 24/7 to play against. The one thing you won’t be able to do online is the Konquest mode. It’s meant as a single player experience about getting taught fighting styles, learning the storyline to the game, and finding a few secrets….

BS: Do you have any plans to have a band (ie. Adema) promote MK: D?
Podlasek: Not at all. BS: Will there be any features added to the Xbox version that the PS2 version doesn’t include (or vice versa)? Podlasek: They’ll be identical in terms of feature and content, and look pretty similar graphic-wise also.

BS: Mortal Kombat is about 15 years old and still going strong. Is there anything you’ve wanted to do with the series but haven’t just yet?
Podlasek: One of the things that impresses me about the franchise is the rich storyline between characters, clans, good vs. evil, etc. We also have some amazing character artists who really know how to bring these elements out in the characters they create. A game that brings all this great storyline and character design together could be pretty damn cool.

BS: Are you working or intend on working on any other game(s) (besides the MK series) in the near future, and if so, which?
Podlasek: We’re buried in work finishing MK: D right now. The near future will be finish(ing) the game, then everyone catches up on sleep and decompresses from crunch. After that we’ll get together, see what the players have to say about the game, and start throwing around ideas and documents. One of our senior graphics programmers has a little section on his whiteboard titled, "Next MK?" with technology ideas. We’ll be sure to pay him a visit too ;)
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”