TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

rizzn
Apprentice
Side: Darkness
PSN: rizzn1

Re: TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: I marked in your screenshot which block you need to remove. First try the left one, if it's not working try the right one. But I think that's another problem on your FSB, normally the extractor just gives you a warning. Here it's called "Invalid Filetype".

Did you remove everything before the "FSB5" string? Or are there probably more than one "FSB5" strings in it?

If it's not working send me the file, I will have a look then.
Attachments
hex.jpg

Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Alright sry, i forget delete all strings before FSB5.. now it works i think, but this warning is problem Image Image or not ??? Here is my embedded_0001fbb9.fsb (http://www.mediafire.com/download/6veqsur3a48uze9/) before any hex changes.. if you wanna help :)
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

Hehe np :)
I uploaded a working FSB without warnings.

You can compare that with the original. The extractor gives an error if the file header is wrong. The warning is only telling there's something wrong with the size so removing a few bytes from the end of the file will solve it.

http://speedy.sh/2WxfY/embedded-0001fbb9.fsb
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: thx much man :)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

I've successfully injected my new sounds to SND_SPEECH_WG_eng.xxx for Wraith General (Zod_A) (thx for tut.) ,but some voices are still default and i wanna change hit sounds etc. too to be more wraithful. Do u know which package content hit sounds.. and that remaining voices..thx in advance :)
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

wyruzzah wrote:I've successfully injected my new sounds to SND_SPEECH_WG_eng.xxx for Wraith General (Zod_A) (thx for tut.) ,but some voices are still default and i wanna change hit sounds etc. too to be more wraithful. Do u know which package content hit sounds.. and that remaining voices..thx in advance :)
Np! I think the sounds you are looking for are stored in the character file itself. The file contains multiple FSB files.

You have to split them up with HxD. It's a little bit more work but it's possible. Start with removing everything before the first "FSB5" string and then copy all content from the first "FSB5" string until the beginning of the next "FSB5" string and put it into a new file. Then save every file as .fsb with the correct filename.

Don't forget to write down the corresponding offsets of the FSBs before you start. Simply go through the file and note them down all. When extracting the data in HxD just do it in the same order as you have written your offsets. :)
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Thx, i've checked content in char package and i only need edit last FSB5, cause all previous contains sounds that dont need to be replaced (some leather,weapons sounds etc.) ,so it will be a lot easier.. but im just lame with that part about removing blocks after LAME3.98.4... FSB extractor always write that warning with integrity warning :( Can u look on to it...when u have time http://www.mediafire.com/download/getgq ... 92F97E.fsb :)
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

wyruzzah wrote:Thx, i've checked content in char package and i only need edit last FSB5, cause all previous contains sounds that dont need to be replaced (some leather,weapons sounds etc.) ,so it will be a lot easier.. but im just lame with that part about removing blocks after LAME3.98.4... FSB extractor always write that warning with integrity warning :( Can u look on to it...when u have time http://www.mediafire.com/download/getgq ... 92F97E.fsb :)
I've uploaded your file, there's no warning message now. Hope it works!

http://speedy.sh/rREQz/embedded-00092F97E.fsb

For the warning message: You just need to cut the file from the bottom as long until "Filesize" matches "Combined" size. If there is no difference between that, the warning message will disappear.
warning.jpg
As you can see on the screenshot, there was a lot to remove on that FSB. :)
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: Thx, sorry for bother, i know it has 17mb so it was almost complete char package...It is some identification mark that i can know, what i can delete.. or u have some trick for that? I tried remove lot but warning was still there in FSB extractor, so i rather not delete too much at all :)
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

For the warning message: You just need to cut the file from the bottom as long until "Filesize" matches "Combined" size. If there is no difference between that, the warning message will disappear.

OK i understand, but im just drunk, tommorow i will give some try to Wraith General so he can say ''POWER OVERWHELMING'' (SC voices :) )
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

..if you need in future some voices,sounds i have some collection sounds from Starcraft, Diablo 1,2 and etc. and blizzard voice over are just perfect, but character needs fit to it :D
momosnake7
Mortal
PSN: momosnake7
XBox Live: momosnake7

Post by momosnake7 »

How can i change the stage music ? I want to put the man of steal song for metropolis stage.

Thanks
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: I don't have a trick really, so I don't know if there is a way to identify the correct end automatically. Hehe thanks are the sounds with clear background? So without any game music and stuff?

@momosnake7: That's currently not possible I think. You can extract the FSB file and export the .wav of the stages with FsbExtractor, but it's encoded to IMA ADPCM. So the .wav file needs to get split up first. Normally you can do that with towav.exe but it's only working on FSB4 format. All sound files on IGUA are FSB5.
mus_fight_06_armory_main.zip
Example file from MKKE, with a split up multichannel .wav file.
(25.44 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
Image Image Image
momosnake7
Mortal
PSN: momosnake7
XBox Live: momosnake7

Post by momosnake7 »

rizzn wrote:@wyruzzah: I don't have a trick really, so I don't know if there is a way to identify the correct end automatically. Hehe thanks are the sounds with clear background? So without any game music and stuff?

@momosnake7: That's currently not possible I think. You can extract the FSB file and export the .wav of the stages with FsbExtractor, but it's encoded to IMA ADPCM. So the .wav file needs to get split up first. Normally you can do that with towav.exe but it's only working on FSB4 format. All sound files on IGUA are FSB5.
mus_fight_06_armory_main.zip

Ok thanks for your reply :D
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

rizzn: yeah.. sounds, voices from Starcraft, Diablo 1,2 are clear.. without any music etc. Just voices :)

Wow so that embedded_00092F97E.fsb for Wraith General contains 80 sounds.. that will be long edit i think , but still not contains one wager sound that i need edit too :(

BTW: Can i lengthen sounds or they need stay same long as default?

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”