TUTORIAL: How to make your own skin mods

10Have
Mortal

Re: TUTORIAL: How to make your own skin mods

Post by 10Have »

Hi there!

First of all I'd like to complement all the mod makers for doing an excellent job on the IGAU skins/dlc packs.

Second, I have been working on a TDKR Bane skin. I followed every step from the tutorial, but can't get the run.batch to work. I've updated Java and Java environment and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated ^^

KingKRool2002
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by KingKRool2002 »

shaowebb wrote:
KingKRool2002 wrote:Can someone explain where the different parts of the body are in the <character>_Diff.dds image file? I figured out where the head is and where the hands are, but I can't figure out where the rest of the body parts are in the image (i.e. arms, legs, feet, chest, stomach, etc.).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to draw symbols & other things on the characters' costumes, but I have no idea where on the image file I need to draw. I've tried randomly coloring sections, but I still haven't been able to see any changes in the costume's area for most of the body/costume parts.

Also, what exactly are the transparent parts of the .dds image (the parts with black and grey/white little squares everywhere)? Am I supposed to color those areas too? When I try to color one of these areas, it ends up coloring all transparent areas (instead of just the one I tried coloring). BTW, I use the paint bucket to color an area and then I use the pencil to get rid of any missed spots.
Paint...bucket?

Enjoy. Ask photoshop questions if you want tips on stuff.
Thanks for all the useful tips, I really appreciate it. I'm using Gimp 2 for my mods (since it's a free software). I'll check Gimps and see if it has similar tools.

Thanks.
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

10Have wrote:Hi there!

First of all I'd like to complement all the mod makers for doing an excellent job on the IGAU skins/dlc packs.

Second, I have been working on a TDKR Bane skin. I followed every step from the tutorial, but can't get the run.batch to work. I've updated Java and Java environment and still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated ^^
Try running it as admin. Or update your .net framework. I know it takes a lot of work but your doing your computer a favor by updating those :)

Post a screen of the error or a more detailed explanation than just it won't work. I hope you got it working by the time you read my reply though! :)
10Have
Mortal

Post by 10Have »

Sorry. Next time I will post an image immediately.

I got it to work now. Thanks for the help! ;-)
Attachments
11.jpg
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

10Have wrote:Sorry. Next time I will post an image immediately.

I got it to work now. Thanks for the help! ;-)
Can you post the steps on how you got it to work? so it can help others who have the same problem like you did.
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

how can we turn the skins into DLC's for the game? thanks to whoever replies me :)
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

a.martin wrote:how can we turn the skins into DLC's for the game? thanks to whoever replies me :)
I'll post a tutorial later when I get home.
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

heymanjack: thank you :)
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

how can I change the hair color? I'm working on a Joker skin and I kinda don't found a hair file to edit..
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

depends on the skin. Check all the dds files. You'll know if you see the hair texture. It may even be included on the joker_diff file itself. If you really can't find it you may have to edit it using the mkkecolorpicker
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

yeah, I haven't found any hair file yet, and I've changed the hair color in the joker diff file at the begining and it didn't worked, it stills green, and under that hair, I can see the color of the new hair that i've painted
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

check all the dds files dude. joker_accessory_diff.dds and the others. MOst of the hair dds are accessory_diff/spec/normhqa
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

you were right! I've found it last night! thanks a lot!
RobAndTheChaps
Mortal

Post by RobAndTheChaps »

I still can't run the .bat file, seemed to have tried every trick in the book but no luck. How did the other person get it working exactly?
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

you could run it manually. Open cmd then redirect it to the umodel folder and just to the commands inside the .bat file.

To see the commands inside the bat file, just open it in notepad.

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”