Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 Released

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 Released

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat: Legacy has finally returned. And without further introduction, here are all the episodes of Season 2:
Series no longer available on this location!
Image Image
Take a look at all available Mortal Kombat: Legacy information, including the latest cast and crew announcements in our Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 Released

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

My opinion about it;

Good points:

- Very nice version of Liu Kang, they put a nice context behind his departure from White Lotus and Shaolin Monks, the actor was very convict of being the character, nice moves;

- Rivalry with Kung Lao well expressed, and this one was depicted as a monk but at the same time as a warrior;

- Relation of Hanzo and Bi-Han was good, nice story;

- Johnny Cage's actor was good, funny, sarcastic, not like the one in the first movie, or even on the games, but I liked him.

Bad points:

- Scorpion and Shang Tsung got a minor and even despicable role. The first is well known to be one of the most popular and necessary characters of MK series since its first game. Scorpion's character was well done, the actor did very good, but they didn't use well. And what about Shang Tsung? I was hoping to see that guy acting much more, he is the main villain, he did so little being so much;

- Tournament was like find and seek in a small area;

- Stryker was truly despicable. If he was going to appear like that, why put him?;

- Even though the adaptation of Liu Kang was very good, some other points just messed up the whole story. Kuai Liang was just an idiot, died and gives us no vision of another Sub-Zero. Sento sword was too mythical and was created far beyond the original, and Ermac's character was very poor comparing the original. As I said, Shang Tsung became a minor role, and Scorpion just appears in a fight that was leaked, that's a shame;

- Episodes much short for that many stories told, and even when they were about one, there was no good time. Also, things happened very quickly, there is no time to develop a real tournament to save the realms, just some guys running on an island trying to find a foe to kill. In one minute things are already happening, and they just switch to present day.

For me, I expected much more and waited too long to see this. We had more action, more development, more characters, nice outfits, but wasn't that good. Still better than Annihilation, worse than Season 1 and worse than the movie.
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Good season i think. The bad point was that the episodes are 'quickly'. I also like the efects. I really enjoy see Scorpion do classic Sub-Zero fatality! (like MK Deception) Now about season 3 i think they already start to cast people for season 3. I think next season would release next year because all the episodes of season 2 released the same day. As for a feature movie i think everything would be fine because Kevin said movie has it's own universe. So Mileena and Sub-Zero should apear in the movie!
Masterski
Mortal

Post by Masterski »

Man, I don't even know what to think about this. When I got mksecrets newsletter I was sooo exiced and hyped to finally watch the series... what should have been better than S01.

Couple of intense moments (scorpion sub zero story), hilarious Johnny Cage (oh man I hysterically laughed when he ran), believable cast of Kung Lao (His performance scene was awesome), Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and his speech(gave me chills, damn) - thats pretty much everything that I liked. Oh and Scorpions fatality. How could I not mention it.

Pace of the episodes felt very rushed and ...I don't know how to describe it. Something was really off.. Big mix of everything in one place. Didn't feel like it all had some big meaning the tournament is.

And as I said earlier, Mileena and Kitana epic miscast. Slo-mo moment with that music was good though. And I'm glad they did not look like whores the games made them.
Raiden... pff.

I have a theory though. Maybe it felt wrong because I watched all episodes one after another, like a movie, when it wasn't one. If I had watched each episode every week...maybe things would be different.
victormb
Mortal
PSN: mbulungeniv

Post by victormb »

Yet to watch this.
Luckeylad
Apprentice

Post by Luckeylad »

How on earth did Sub-Zero managed to return after that classic fatality???
Great Kung Lao 2250+ Downloads
Khameleon 1350+ Downloads
Ladder Mode Arena Patch 1650+ Downloads
Nekropolis Arena 76550+ Downloads
creamofdeet
Mortal
XBox Live: creamofdeet

Post by creamofdeet »

i feel like they released these all at once because when they finished and took a look back at the mediocrity they've just produced, they knew if they released them one by one, most people would lose interest.

i won't say this was only good because it was mortal kombat. because it wasn't good. but the fact that it's mortal kombat is definitely what made me watch until the end. if this were a story i had nothing invested in, i would have taken little to no satisfaction form it.

season one was far better in comparison. of the many things, (bad casting, rushed episodes, etc.) one thing that really annoyed me is how they felt it so necessary to over-explain some things (i.e. "i am the god of thunder, it is my ability to harness electricity", or whatever the hell they had raiden say at the campfire) i suppose to appeal to a new audience or something. and then leave huge parts of the story completely untouched or just brushed upon.

like i said before, if i were new to mortal kombat, this would hold no weight with me, and i feel that any new audience they may have been going for is scared away by now.

but it was definitely not an entire miss. liu kang, kung lao, shang tsung. all great. scorpion was cool too, but saw him way too little. and the fighting sequences were, for the most part pretty rad.

all in all, i haven't lost complete faith in this crew's endeavors with the mortal kombat franchise, but this was a pretty big let-down. here's hoping the new moive really delivers.
victormb
Mortal
PSN: mbulungeniv

Post by victormb »

After watching legacy.

It was not great but it was not the worst. There was just too many things happening and not enough time. What this has done is pick my curiosity on how the story would be told when there is enough time. With the amount of material available or introduced one movie would not be enough. Maybe three Long movies that dig deeper into the story.

It might even be better as a Series and Movies based on the Series. I loved the Lui kang gone bad angle. The Fight scene where decent but rushed
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I refrained from posting my opinion as I wanted to let it settle and not be influenced by the hype of it all.

First of all, I am happy to see so many different opinions and no one who just says "I love it" or "I hate it" without explaining.

This season definitely suffers from the fact that all episodes were released at once. It kind of took away the strength of the cliff hangers at the end of each episode.

@creamofdeet I don't thing, they over-explained Raiden's powers. If you are new to the series, as some people might be, having someone shooting something from his hand needs some sort of explanation. But yes, if they are going to explain that, they should have explained some other things too. The whole tournament should have been explained better, especially what's at stake.

In my opinion the second season is far better than the first one. Better, more linear story, definitely better acting. The bad Liu Kang twist was right on spot, finally someone did something with the character. Kung Lao's casting was superb. Mileena was amazing too. I thing the actress did an amazing job.

There were several scenes that were very memorable:

- The arrival on the island.
- Kenshi's battle with Ermac.
- Mileena's slow motion moves during the fight with Johhny Cage.
- Kung Lao's training.

I do agree that Ermac was poorly made and that Shang Tsung's screen time was too little. There is a lot more I can write, but may be some other day :)
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”