The History of Mortal Kombat: Episode 08 - A Deadly Alliance

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

The History of Mortal Kombat: Episode 08 - A Deadly Alliance

Post by Gambid »

The eight episode of our Mortal Kombat History Series has been released. Entitled A Deadly Alliance this new episode features the rebirth of the franchise with Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance:
In addition to Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, the episode also features Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition and Studio Gigante's Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus.
Click here to visit the page of the series where you can watch and download every episode as it appears.

Let us know what you think, we will be happy to hear your opinion.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
oni
Mortal

Re: The History of Mortal Kombat: Episode 08 - A Deadly Alli

Post by oni »

Dear mksecrets, I would've loved some secret stuff, like pre-release kiosk gameplay, cutting room floor stuff, original ideas. more details on tech etc.
MKDA is my all time favourite, best of all MKs, and I had waited real long for this episode and I was hoping for more there. I've had all those mag images and original noob.com's materials, so had way more in mind.

The vid is absolutely great though, great quality and gameplay!
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Same comment like youtube:P

Since MK:DA Kenshi is my favourite character! Amazing work again from MKsecrets. You also remind me Tao Feng and Wrestlemania 21! Do you guys think that the commercial of Tao Feng inspire the X-rays on MK9?

This episode contains hidden staff or not? If yes give a clue Gambit:P
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

It contains a few things that you need to watch carefully to see or hear. So, yes, it does.

@oni: Most of the things you mentioned are in the video. You just have to watch. Some of the things we show in the video, we do not mention explicitly. So, don't rely solely on the narrator to tell you the story. Specifically the noob.com stuff is all there. We spent 17 minutes with Deadly Alliance, that's the most time we have spent on a single title so fa, if I am not mistaken.
I Rule This World!

Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

Finally! I'll watch it later.
oni
Mortal

Post by oni »

@Gambid, no dear I didn't ever meant it like that. I said I have all the classic noob.com stuff meaning that I was sooo hardcore back then and gave that much time to MKDA and afterwards collecting relative materials that there is nothing to be had on the web anymore. Even Ed Boon doesn't share anything more at noobde... though he started once.
Now, we've had only one way to go... and that is mksecrets, I was just hoping that where we have all failed, it would be you who can get even more out of the mk team about mkda. I think there isn't anything left to uncover, otherwise you guys would've taken it out assuredly. I absolutely loved this episode, it was just a child-like wish that there might be something left, and I waited for this episode like a child would for a new present, maybe something extra, maybe something new!
Yes, all the due goodies are there, and yes, amazing runtime as well, and didn't I just say, remarkable quality!
Please carry on with the good work, awaiting Deception and Shujinko ;)
ded
God

Post by ded »

@rocksoldier1990 The hidden stuff in the previous episode was the GBA morning trailer. You can see sub-zero with the wrestlers. There are other hidden stuff in other episodes, like episode 03....

@oni we tried to include everything about mkda, including rumors (like 12:43) and in-development stuff, but the krypt had so many stuff, that i had to skip most of it. however there are still beta gameplay footage in the episode, other in-development stuff (not from the krypt) and even more would be shown in the next episode (yep, about mkda) ;]

glad that people are enjoying the episode!
DFSHINNOK7
Mortal

Post by DFSHINNOK7 »

Can you name the TTS program that you're using for narrator?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

@DFGH, I just sent you a PM.

@oni I am glad you liked the episode. As ded mentioned, we do have something in mind for the next episode. As this is a series, we do have the luxury of revisiting and expanding stuff, as long as we manage to get away with it in a nicely manner ;)
I Rule This World!

Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

Haven't been here for a while and thanks for sending the E-Mails. It helped a lot :)

The episode is amazing guys. You really did a terrific job and I can't wait to see what are you going to do with the series next. I hope this series never ends :)
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
oni
Mortal

Post by oni »

@ ded and Gambid
Thanks dears. This gets me even more excited for the next episode.
This MKDA one was a great help in promoting the game you know. In Pakistan, we've now a shortage of market-availability of some PS2 titles. Several of my students missed out on MKDA that I had previously been making them lusting for. Gameplay vids and stuff aside, the real charm of the game came from the sheer 180 turn Midway took with the game back then. That originality is what makes everyone so attracted for the game. Sorry to say, after Deception, that risk-taking was lost. All later games were AWESOME and all, but none made the ground shake as much as MKDA and MK:D, or maybe Shaolin Mionks to some extent.
This episode had all the bells and whistles in a single place to serve as an advert for the game. MKDA had the best and most detailed 3D backgrounds of any game in the series. The great thing abou all your retrospective videos is the mood and aura of the whole thing:
-Absolutely stunning intro and end
-Great epic music
-Superb voiceover for info, wonder who that is?
-Super high quality gameplay visuals: Don't know how you do it but I'd love to have YOU people do match videos in YOUR quaity that we can keep as memo
...and the best of all...
-The secret stuff.
You guys rock! no MK retrospects even comes close to these vids. This ep and the Deception/Shaolin Monks ep/s will always remain as my most prized library items :D

Return to “News Articles”