should X-Rays return in MK10?

StrykerKombat
Mortal
Side: Light

should X-Rays return in MK10?

Post by StrykerKombat »

after the huge success of X-Rays in MK9 I'm wondering if X-rays will be used again in MK10 or if NRS will want to come up with something new? as Ed Boon has said a few times that he doesn't like to repeat doing stuff so I think they'll be thinking of a new alternative move for players to execute when the power bar is full, or maybe they'll play it safe and just give new and improved X-rays, what are your thoughts on this? and would you prefer the next MK game stuck with X Rays or tried something new and do you have any ideas for what could be good enough to replace such a hit feature?

Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: should X-Rays return in MK10?

Post by Gambid »

I would love to see them back. They can bring them back in some new form, so it doesn't seem repetitive.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
StrykerKombat
Mortal

Post by StrykerKombat »

yeah, I really can't think of anything that could top X-rays so it's prob best that they keep them, in MK Vs DC Universe when the power meter was full and you could execute funny ways to fall off the arena= I thought that was lame
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

I hope so.

But Netherrealm is following a line on their games. You can see that MK vs. DCU (not NRS, but an embryo) left some things on MK9. Injustice also got many things like this, you see the story mode, for example (the style).

I think they will be back, improved, but something from Injustice will certainly be included.
Tragic
Mortal
Side: Darkness
PSN: xTragic
XBox Live: Trag1c 91

Post by Tragic »

Yes imo they should return as well, they might do them in the style of supers like Injustice, that would be okay imo also, and it would be cool if each character could have two maybe ha :)
There is no justice only injustice.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, they keep certain things, but they always improve them. Like konquest mode. I think the only thing that degraded over time were the fighting styles from the mkda-mka era.
I Rule This World!

Voit Turyv
Mortal

Post by Voit Turyv »

Hell yes. Someone suggested implementing stage X-rays as well. They should definitely return. :D
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Stage X-Rays. What is that?
I Rule This World!

Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

I do hope X-Rays make a return, it was nearly perfect as it was. I just hope they don't try to overthink it and try adding extra stuff like a "injured" stance or something.
Masterski
Mortal

Post by Masterski »

Am I the only one that didn't like X-rays? I'm more into realism, and when you crush someone's skull, and see it in X-ray, the game should be instantly over for the oppontent. Don't tell me MK is unrealistic anyway. There are things that I can cope with, and ridiculous stuff that I can't. Hell, they could have included Fatalities in the story mode fights with the same result.
Jamyz
Mortal

Post by Jamyz »

if they bring back x rays they should do like how Super street fighter 4 did and when you pick a character you can choose one out of two xrays one that activates in the air and one that activates on the ground
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

Yes please! They can tweek as needed but that should stay just SF's super combos did. They are a great punisher for beginners, but any decent to tournament level play knows when or when not to use them. Also Jamyz, I like that idea for the pick your super or in SF4's case Ultra. Plus, you should be able to hide the x-ray you picked just like hiding your cursor for character selection.
ArRoW
Mortal
XBox Live: ArRoW132

Post by ArRoW »

I think they should not return. It was looking way to unrealistic and were too strong in Mk9 (not all but few) I think they should add something new.
FearReptileFather
Apprentice

Post by FearReptileFather »

Brutality X-Ray ?

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”