Is Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komming Out On PC (Windows)???

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Is Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komming Out On PC (Windows)???

Post by Gambid »

A couple of weeks ago Amazon (UK) listed a PC Windows version of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) for pre-order. Back then, we ignored the information as it looked more as a mistake than anything else. As expected the listing was removed several days later.

And nothing happened until it was discovered that Steam updated its Database with entries for all achievements present in Mortal Kombat 9 (2011). For those of you who are unfamiliar, Steam is a gaming service for PC users ran by Valve.
Ignoring what's happening around us isn't really something we do. So here are we wondering. Are Warner Bros. and Netherrealm Studios quietly preparing to launch a PC version of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011). If that is indeed the case, then information will probably be announced at some point after the release of Injustice: Gods Among Us as I believe they will not want to steal focus from the game. With Netherrealm Studios focusing currently on Injustice][/Injustice], some might argue that there is no one to port the game. However porting might have been given to a third party developer, as was the case with Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.

Only time will tell us. So consider this news a summary of the current information and please, not like an official announcement and tell us what you think.

To learn more visit our Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) section.

Thanks to Humberto Neyra for the heads up on this story.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Re: Is Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komming Out On PC (Windows)???

Post by Noob Saibot »

I guess there is absolutely no harm in releasing it for the PC now. Piracy won't hurt them as much as it would have in the beginning if a PC version comes out with the console version. But I am cautions and expect an official announcement. We have seen things like this before and they were all false.

I am also excited though :) Would be great for all PC gamers to be able to finally get a new MK on the PC. And now with the Windows Tablets and the touch screen, they might even port some of the Vita features in the game :)
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
Leigiboy
Mortal

Post by Leigiboy »

What most excites me about this is the modding possibilities for the game, like i said on facebook i would love to make retro outfits for most of the characters
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Modding will definitely be an interesting part of it. We haven't seen a modable Mortal Kombat game since Mortal Kombat 4. And with the unreal engine being used for the game Modding might actually be easier this time. But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

On the other hand Modding might be one of the reasons why they didn't release it on PC in the first place.
I Rule This World!

Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Mortal Kombat 9 has a LOT OF MODS for PS3.
My friends spent a lot of time making cool mods for the game.

PSX-Scene.com offers a lot of mods for MK9 in their special Mortal Kombat 9 forum's section.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Please stay on topic, this isn't about the PS3 version. It is about a potential PC version. The modding/skinning possibilities there are far grater. Not that you cannot create skins for PS3 games, but the process is far more difficult and on a PC.

If a PC version is released I would love at least some exclusive content. What do you think we should get, if of course we get the game :D
I Rule This World!

Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

I don't have a powerful PC so I am for PS3 new MK rather than PC port.
But for PC maybe new skins.

To me the new MK games SUCK.
I love the PS2 titles especially MKSM and Deadly Alliance.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Well we can't all talk about the games you have, can we ;)

BTW according to Ed Boon, the next Mortal Kombat might be for the next iteration of consoles, PS4 and the new XBox.
I Rule This World!

Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

With a PC release of Mortal Kombat 9 they might win enspire even more people to buy Mortal Kombat 10 when it comes out. All those who have once played and loved MK on PC but never got to experience the new MK because of the lack of a console. All of them might change their minds and by a next gen system after they see how far MK has gotten.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

Again we have a new port and, of course, PC version will have some exclusive features. Xbox360 owners are left with nothing again. What an injustce.
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

I am not that sure that PC gamers will get exclusive MK9 content. If you are talking about Kratos, you can forget having him in the PC version. Sony will never allow it.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

Of course they will not, but having a PC port of a game means modding possibilities which is already an exclusive feature.
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

Modding isn't something that they will put in on purpose. Don't think it counts as an exclusive feature.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Not to speak that some developers don't really enjoy people messing with their games.
I Rule This World!

Specter_Official
Mortal
PSN: Specter_Official

Post by Specter_Official »

Great news!!!
Origin: Earthrealm
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Shurikens
Fighting Styles: Karate
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Return to “News Articles”