Failproof Strategies for Story & Tower #185,251,269,275,300

LawlietBR
Mortal

Re: Failproof Strategies for Story & Tower #185,251,269,275,

Post by LawlietBR »

Hey guys, theres a tip that you didnt mentioned about the 300th challenge. If you die about 20, 30 times, the challenge becomes more easier. But you have to die and retry, not try again manually by pressing start and choosing retry. After some time, when you kill goro, kintaro or millena, your character gains some health boost. And the challenge becomes more easier, the bosses taunt more and block less. (PS: I used Scorpion.)

Khaos Wins
Mortal

Post by Khaos Wins »

The easiest way I do #300 is using Kung Lao. I have not beat it, but here is what I do to at least face Mileena: (Xbox)

Vs. Goro: Every time he goes for his ground pound or jump stomp, use the dive kick, (you have to time this so he is armored, but you don't take damage when you land) then use the whirlwind spin and use forward+B.

Vs. Kintaro: avoid the fire breath and fireballs, and wait for him to do his teleport stomp. Jump forward and do whirlwind spin combo above. When he taunts, do a ground hat.

Vs. Mileena: Just block, uppercut every now and then, and use your X-Ray when you have it!

I will update this when I beat Mileena.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

I used Smoke for #300.

VS Goro: just jump over him and, when he finished his any move, which you must avoid, do Smoke Cloud, FK, D + FP, BP, JK x2, Air Throw.

VS Kintaro: go to the full screen and wait for his fireballs or Teleport . When he does fireball, just do Teleport Punch and run to the end of screen again for waiting a new one. And if he does his Teleport, do JK, Teleport Punch (Air Throw is not so good move for him, because you throwing him on close enough distance and he can punish you for this). Repeat this, and Kintaro is beaten.

VS Mileena: This is the most difficult fight of Challenge #300. To be honest, I hate Mileena for this. There are two ways to beat her: sitting on the block stance, and when she begins her move (not special), do immediately Teleport Punch and repeat. The second way is just spamming of jump kicks. For both ways is important to do X-Ray, when her health will become lower then 50%. And do not forget about Smoke Towards and Shake moves, they're very useful in fight against her.

VS Shao Kahn: to beat Shao Kahn you can doing similar moves, like in vs Kintaro fight, but beware, because Shao Kahn is faster, does more blocks and has more able to punish you.
Last edited by Gsomeer on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
s-z22
Apprentice
Side: Light
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

LawlietBR wrote:Hey guys, theres a tip that you didnt mentioned about the 300th challenge. If you die about 20, 30 times, the challenge becomes more easier. But you have to die and retry, not try again manually by pressing start and choosing retry. After some time, when you kill goro, kintaro or millena, your character gains some health boost. And the challenge becomes more easier, the bosses taunt more and block less. (PS: I used Scorpion.)
So you're saying if I'm about to lose and I press start and choose retry in the menu before I die, it will stay the same difficulty, and I won't get any health boosts. It will be just as hard right? I have to die repeatedly and retry in order for it to become easier.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

That is usually the way all fights work.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

I thought at first that restarting manually would be the same as dying and restarting. That's why I never bothered to restart the challenge manually, but now I do. Plus some guy made a video of him beating #300 with a flawless victory. He said that he restarted the match after he got hit, but I wanted to make sure that it was different than dying and restarting.
FearReptileFather
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by FearReptileFather »

i used skarlet

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”