Mortal Kombat Komes to PlayStation Vita in Spring 2012

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Komes to PlayStation Vita in Spring 2012

Post by Gambid »

The previously rumored Mortal Kombat game for PlayStation Vita has finally been officially announced. The game will be released in the spring of 2012 and is going to be an extended version of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) with additional features. From the press-release:
MORTAL KOMBAT COMING TO PLAYSTATION®VITA SYSTEM
Legendary Fighting Series Delivers Award-Winning Action to PS Vita system in 2012
Burbank, Calif. – January 17, 2012 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces Mortal Kombat will ship for PlayStation®Vita system in Spring 2012. Developed by NetherRealm Studios, the game delivers an experience designed specifically for on-the-go gaming with brand new gameplay features and content developed exclusively for the new handheld device.

“The NetherRealm team is committed to making sure that we follow up the success of 2011’s Mortal Kombat with an equally compelling experience on the PlayStation Vita,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The original game content and new features we developed for the PlayStation Vita will provide gamers with the best fighting game experience available on the new mobile platform.”
Image Image Image
Selling more than three million units worldwide in 2011, Mortal Kombat became the highest-selling fighting game of the year and has won numerous “Best Fighting Game of 2011” awards including Spike TV’s 2011 Video Game Awards, Official Xbox Magazine and GameTrailers.com.

In a triumphant return to the game’s original mature presentation, Mortal Kombat offers over-the-top fatalities and cringe-worthy X-ray moves. This latest iteration in the franchise brings the game back to a 2D fighting plane and introduces a number of new gameplay features including Tag Team, Challenge Tower and a deep story mode. Several new features have been developed exclusively for Mortal Kombat for PS Vita system, which will be revealed in the coming months.

Play Mortal Kombat for PS Vita system by visiting the Vita Hill Social Clubs.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombat Komes to PlayStation Vita in Spring 2012

Post by Gambid »

I think the Vita should be comfortable enough for playing MK9.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”