MK Wins Best Fighting Game of 2011, NRS Works on non-MK Game

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MK Wins Best Fighting Game of 2011, NRS Works on non-MK Game

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) has won this years' Spike Video Game Awards in the best fighting game category.

Congratulations to the development team over at Netherrealm Studios for this achievement.

GameSpot also reported that Ed Boon has confirmed that the studio is currently working on a non Mortal Kombat project:
That moment didn't pass by without a sliver of news from developer Netherrealm Studios, as studio head Ed Boon confirmed that his studio is taking a hiatus from the Mortal Kombat franchise.

Don't expect to see a new Mortal Kombat any time soon.

According to Boon, while it's an inevitability that the studio will eventually return to the franchise that was first born in 1992, right now the team is at work on a different project. Boon did not offer any other details on what that project may be, though he did note that Netherrealm has no plans to release additional downloadable content for the most recent Mortal Kombat.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Re: MK Wins Best Fighting Game of 2011, NRS Works on non-MK

Post by s-z22 »

I'm glad MK won Best Fighting Game of 2011, although I wish Freddy got best DLC, but you win some you lose some. At any rate I hope the ones who voted against him don't live on Elm Street. Otherwise they're going to make the newspaper. They'll be in the Obituaries section thanks to a certain dream demon.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

s-z22 wrote:although I wish Freddy got best DLC
Freddy is the worst DLC ever, he is a not MK character and I think Nethrrealm Studios in vain is done it.
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

Gsomeer wrote:
s-z22 wrote:although I wish Freddy got best DLC
Freddy is the worst DLC ever, he is a not MK character and I think Nethrrealm Studios in vain is done it.
Yeah I just wanted NRS to win the categories they were nominated for. I actually don't even play with Freddy.
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

netherrealm studios and all them big producer people just want more sales so they thought freddy would bring in more $ies. Now... does any one think the person from force unleashed would make a good DLC? probably not, but since star wars has a huge fan base it would draw in lots of star wars fans to buy the game just to have the character. Upsetting the normal fans like us? most likely, but it would still make $.

Can't belive they are doing a non-Mk game... this makes my a sad panda... :'(
But at least we are even more popular amoung every one...
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

Most of fans wants to see Predator as a DLC character, and Boon does right, don't including him. I hate MK vs DC for DC characters, who destroyed the MK atmosphere, and I don't want that MK 9 become the crossover between MK and Hollywood heroes.

Return to “News Articles”