Shooting For The New Movie Expected to Begin In Early 2012

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Shooting For The New Movie Expected to Begin In Early 2012

Post by Gambid »

In an interview for Coming Soon Kevin Tancharoen, the director of the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie shares some more details with us. Shooting is planned to begin in early 2012:
CS: One of the cool things about "Mortal Kombat" as a property is that everyone knows what it is and the mythology, for anyone, can range from "people fighting" to something much deeper.
Tancharoen: Exactly! And I've always been a fan of properties that have been able to expand their universe in different ways. The easiest example for me to mention is Batman. You have Batman, the Nolan films, which are their own universe. Right now, you've got Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is another completely different universe. Then you have all the Batman animated stuff, which is a series of completely different takes. Yet it's all based around the same idea of concept and character. I do think that Mortal Kombat is big enough that you can allow for that kind of character and let in multiple forms of storytelling.
CS: What's the timeline looking like? When is production being targeted?
Tancharoen: They want to shoot early next year and hopefully get it out in 2013.

CS: So the script has been written?
Tancharoen: We've got a good draft of the script, but we're still working on it with Oren Uziel, who wrote the short. It's great. It's really great.
The development of the third Mortal Kombat movie has been going back and forth for the past 14 years. Our dedicated News section tracks down every single news that has appeared over the years, starting as early as 2003. It is definitely interesting to see how much the project has changed over the years and how many times it has gone in production with even actors thinking that this movie is going to be their next.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
sub-zero9
Master

Re: Shooting For The New Movie Expected to Begin In Early 20

Post by sub-zero9 »

Nice!

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Hopefully, nothing will prevent it from being finished. If it is successful and makes a lot of money, they might make another one.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
ParaBellum
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by ParaBellum »

I'll perform a Fatality on Kevin if he will not put Techno Syndrome in MK3...
Kano. Liu Kang. Raiden. Johnny Cage. Scorpion. Sub-Zero. Sonya.

Test your might.

Return to “News Articles”