MKsecrets tournament

sub-zero9
Master
Side: Light

MKsecrets tournament

Post by sub-zero9 »

What do you guys think about setting a day that we could be online in MK9 and make a kind of a "tournament"maybe like create a server and create a king of the hill room or two that we could join and have fun.What do you think?

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MKsecrets tournament

Post by Gambid »

Any ideas how we can do that. A tournament is not easy to organize?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

I suggest that the people that will be responsible for it could set specific dates in a topic(both for the ps3 and xbox 360 users) and the people that want to participate can leave a reply to that topic.Then when the date is set the people that signed will log in at that hour in MK9 online on the specific server and we'll create king of the hill rooms.

What do ya think?

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

That's not a bad idea, and I get to go online on my dads xbox now. But it all depends what consoles people have, what's your gamertag(if you have xbox)?
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

I have a PS3 but we can organise for both consoles if people are interested :D

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

That's okay then, I'll see what I can do, as I don't get much time on it. Bout an hour but we can try, two different tournaments for both consoles. I guess I could just use a king of the hill, then make a topic about who wants to join so it shouldn't be hard then :)

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

The Reptile wrote: I guess I could just use a king of the hill, then make a topic about who wants to join so it shouldn't be hard then :)
"Thumbs up"! That's the way ;)

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

Thanks, I played online for the first time yesterday on king of the hill and this guy had a big-ass streak (10 wins) then I ended it and he just left as I was to finish him. Everyone else left as well :/ hope people don't do this in the tournament, I'd prefer it to be a decent tournament with decent fighters with sportsmanship. Let's make this happen Subs ;)

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

Yeah , I totally agree it will be a friendly tournament no prize or whatever. And no reason for people to get angry :)

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

Yeh, the only prize would be reputation really among our site :) and people would probably be more noticed now for stuff like 'that's the guy that did the 5000 hit kombo!' (Stupid example but :P) or 'he won them all with just Kano, imagine that'. Who knows, but it'd be nice to do. Might take a while before I can set something up, so I can get my own live account. :)

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

Yeah I hope it can play a part in making the site expand aswell and it will also get us members to know each other better and spar with each other etc. Will be cool if people will be interested in the future, i'm in! :)

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

Oh yeh, this'll be good :) too bad you're on ps3 though, means we won't be able to spar ;/ if only XBox and Ps3 worked together so that you could play online with the other consoles, then think how larger the online world would be and the money they'd make :)

Image Image
s-z22
Apprentice
XBox Live: DesolateRhyme4

Post by s-z22 »

I'd do it, I have a 360 and I don't get much time to play, even though I'm OK at it. How about on a Sunday night when a lot of people have the day off? Say around 6:00. Not too early not too late. We'll do it like the EVO tournament. Play 1 on 1 in a private match, 2 out of 3 matches, and whoever wins the 2 out of 3 gets to go in a KOTH for whatever system the next Sunday at 6:00. You lose the 2 out of 3 private match and you're out for good. Desynchronized matches don't count as a loss.
No Klassic costumes because it might desynchronize the match. That's happened to me way too many times. If you lose 2 matches in KOTH you're out for good. And if there's more than one KOTH we make a tournament where the Finalists play in a Championship KOTH. The finalists get to be on the front page. No rage quits, no cheat codes, no trash talk, no complaining if you lost, and no mercy.
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

That sounds good, excellent even. Trouble is, I don't get much time either and only get to play at late night sometimes. But I'll be getting a new TV soon for my own time and I'll be able to get on with the tournament, maybe in a week or more, or perhaps a month. But I'll promise I let you know when, other than that then it's good :)

PS. We might want to limit characters, such as how players shouldn't just use one character all the time and should vary with others. This may help them as well so opponents can't study their moves and there's no complaints like 'stop using sub's freeze all the time!' Etc. No trash talk indeed, it annoys me to my fullest that does.
I've never rage quited, only one disconnect when I was sorting something out:honest :)

Image Image
sub-zero9
Master

Post by sub-zero9 »

Very nice suggestions guys! If more people are interested maybe if Gambid can, he could make this official and people could participate! ;)

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!

Return to “Feedback And Questions”