No votes

Total votes: 20

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Fighting or Action Adventure

Post by Gambid »

If Konquest return I will rather prefer it to be more like Armageddon's Konquest mode and not lie Deception's.

Please ask your question in the Mortal Kombat: Deception forum.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

MK:A's Konquest was fun, but it was too short.
TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

Short it was indeed. I'd be satisfied if it had a Konquest Mode similar to MK: Deception or MKL Armageddon.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes it was short, but it was satisfying. And don't forget that it is just one of the modes of the game and not an entire Action/Adventure game. If the next game has a Konquest mode, I hope it would be at least twice as long.
I Rule This World!

The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

What about the character you'd start off with? Would it be someone new or could you create one? Maybe a pre-existing one like Scorpion: now that would be cool, being able to reel in some stupid trooper and knock his head off. I never played Deception but I did complete Armageddon fully and the Konquest mode didn't fulfill me as much as it said it would. I watched a video for it and it told me lies, saying there was a crossbow and this big cavern which I never found. There should be exploring and loads of secrets, not some gameplay where you have to go through there with nothing to backtrack. There could be plenty to do and maybe add some RPG elements to it such as levelling up and adding attributes and new moves, or being able to recruit members into a team to defeat some big bad enemies. And perhaps online play with a new line of kombat?
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
dude212
Mortal
PSN: DUDE21292

Post by dude212 »

I would love to see a sequal to Shaolin Monks. It was a great game even though it was rushed. If they took their time with a new one, then it would be amazing.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Almost every Mortal Kombat game was rushed, with Mortal Kombat 9 probably being the first one with a bigger development cycle.

When Midway was in charge, they needed Mortal Kombat to survive, because basically that was all they had. Things are different with Warner Bros at least for now. Hopefully it will stay this way. I am hoping for an Action/Adventure too.
I Rule This World!

mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

during midway's arcade days they were pretty succesful... but then came the home consols...

maybe they can make a game with konquest... but personalized like shaolin monks instead of story mode... make it a mix of deception and shaolin monks to create a brand new konquest mode of awsomness. There would be areas where certain abilities you learned are needed to pass and have training areas where you can learn a certain fighters moves better... some areas like shaolin monks where you need to beat the crap out of a bunch of enemies in a 3-d fighting plain... just take mk: d konquest and mk sm and slam them together!
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

While I have enjoyed the Konquest mode, they should stick with the Story Mode in MK9, but add pause and skip features for kutscenes and have a Chapter select for those who have beat the game, and want to replay their favorite chapter.

Action/Adventures should be strictly side stories. They should start up a new Mythologies series. Sub-Zero wasn't that bad.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I actually liked Sub-Zero, Shaolin Monks too. I do agree that we need some select chapter feature, similar to Injustice: Gods Among Us. Same with Endings and DLC characters must be included in this one :)
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”