Is Cyborg Sub-Zero really Cyborg Sub-Zero?

calioklas
Mortal

Is Cyborg Sub-Zero really Cyborg Sub-Zero?

Post by calioklas »

The reason I say this is becasue mid 90's MK 1, MK 2, MK 3, and UMK 3 sometime during MK 3 and UMK 3 they where coming up with MAME and made up fan based characters and what not and they had crazy combos and characters that where really suped up and if you look around the internet there is a character called "HYDRO" I was wondering if it is the samecharacter why didnt they called him Hydro instead of Cyborg Sub Zero because if you look they both have exactly same moves maybe a few minor differences but overall had everything the same moves and fatalities. I know very few people know that too some it might be knew but Hydro was not in a Licensed MK game it was supposely fan made Cyborg Sub Zero is a straight rip off of formally known as Hydro..

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: IS Cyborg Sub-Zero really Cyborg Sub-Zero?????????

Post by Gambid »

As you said, Hydro is a fan creation and they cannot take him. MAME has also nothing to do with the created character and Hydro. MAME is an Arcade Machines Emulator, and just allowed people to rip all the sprites.

Hydro was created using MUGEN, which is a free engine for Fighting Games. However no longer supported.

So, Cyber Sub-Zero is Cyber Siub-Zero.

We should leave the fan creations for the Fan Realm Forum and not confuse them with the original characters.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

My mistake true MUGEN but thats not my point weather it offficial or not whether it free engine what I was saying is that Hydro has the same exact moves as Cyborg Sub Zero. hydro was made in the 90's or so and I compared them the both have exact moves and I see that Cyborg Sub Zero took almost all the moves from Hydro I think people showed know and compare but to me the moves look the same of course different skins and look but same moves
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

If you think that Netherrealm Studios based Cyber Sub-Zero on Hydro, I highly doubt that.

I think that Cyber Sub-Zero was based on Sub-Zero.

But lets see what the others think :)
I Rule This World!

calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

True, but you gotta admit the have same moves and fatalities and hydro was unofficially known before cyborg sub zero
calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

If you compare Cyborg Sub Zero to {Sub Zero and Hydro}, Cyborg Sub Zero looks and as moves is much closer ressembles Hydro
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Don't know, I never really liked Hydro and my love for MUGEN kind of disappeared when they started to change the original artwork and unsuccessfully mess with characters design and sprites.

Don't want to offend those working on/with MUGEN, but no one seems to try and make the characters play well. Everyone seems to try and come up with more and more characters who not only look ugly but resemble more a 16 bit version of the game and not something superior.

As for the resemblance, yes there is, but if you never have seen Hydro, your Cyber Sub-Zero version would be similar to him too. Because it must be similar to Sub-Zero.
I Rule This World!

SSnoobSS
Mortal

Post by SSnoobSS »

hey do you have any pictures from this HYDRO?
Rain: HERE I AM
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I have something better, a video:
I Rule This World!

calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

Lol, Gambid i see you taking this topic serious ! Honestly I don't like MUGEN either but i have noticed Cyborg Sub Zero looks, sounds, and has the same moves as Hydro. The video doesn't you posted doesn't lie how does Cyborg Sub Zero ressemble more Sub Zero when in fact ressembles more like Hydro.... Um just being a realist not trying to make a point just saying like it is
calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

By the way you picked a good video i give you that...
TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

The only move Hydro and Cyber Sub-Zero have in common is the ice clone. Hyrdo is nearly a fan-created character for a MUGEN game as Gambid has stated before. If you ask me, he fights a lot like Glacias from Killer Instinct than like Cyber Sub-Zero.
calioklas
Mortal

Post by calioklas »

Before you say that the only common move they have is the ice clone i suggest you do more research they have alot of common moves. I do understand it is a fan created character but nonetheless they have more things in common then just ice clone move. Technically they are more similar then you think, besides is just 2 people that contradict this theory, but will see what the True MK fans think................................................
TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

That's only in terms of moves. Fans predicted Sub-Zero would eventually be cybernized, the question was when. And he's finally here. =D
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I am starting to miss the goal of this topic here. What exactly are we/you trying to prove?

That they have similar moves, fine they do. Moves related to ice, big deal. It is Hydro's moves in fact that are messed up. He is supposed to be able to manipulate water in her liquid form and not ice.

And yes, I do take every topic around here seriously and try to deliver valuable content to it in an attempt to keep the boards interesting. The video is from the only MUGEN MK Project that was ever seriously taken by its creators, before they started messing with the art and creating their own characters.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)”