Freddy Krueger Joins Mortal Kombat (4th DLC) - Updated

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Freddy Krueger Joins Mortal Kombat (4th DLC) - Updated

Post by Gambid »

It was just announced that Freddy Krueger will be joining Mortal Kombat 9 as the 4th DLC Kharacter. Freddy Krueger is a fictional character from the Nightmare on Elm Street series of horror films. The 4th DLC Kharacter will be released on August 9th. Don't believe us, check the announcement trailer.

Click on the image below to watch or to download the announcement trailer:
Want to know more about the character, click here.

Are you happy or are you more upset about this news, click Comment and let us know!

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
the-gov
Mortal

Re: Freddy Krueger Joins Mortal Kombat As the 4th DLC Kharac

Post by the-gov »

I cant believe that this was what they built up to!!! what a waste of time!! first the dumb ass reward for the challenge tower and now this!!!! so many great established fighters to choose from and this is what they do!!! I HOPE FREDDY FLOPS ON THEIR DUMB ASSES!!!
TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

A huge disappointment, but maybe we'll see to what he turns out to be.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

To be honnest, I am not really happy with the choice either. Mortal Kombat has a rich list of characters to choose from. However, this is some kick ass trailer guys and you can't say that's not true.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
LIN_KUEI
Mortal
Side: Darkness
PSN: BRONCOS_970

Post by LIN_KUEI »

The child molester Freddy! lol I always thought him and Jason were cool lol Sure Ill buy him why not.
TheAngryShokan
Apprentice
PSN: crashbandicootx

Post by TheAngryShokan »

He's not that bad guys. At least it's a character from a horror film than one from God Of War. He's in a game where he has his max potential, where words like blood and violence define the video game he was placed in.
RedShirtDavid
Mortal

Post by RedShirtDavid »

I'm ok with Freddy Krueger. That's fine, BUT TWO GLOVES?? DOESN'T ANYONE DO ANY RESEARCH?? HE HAD ONE GLOVE!! How retarded is that?? I think Jason Vorhees would've been a better pick, but NEITHER are FIGHTERS. They're killers, yes. They fit the MK world, yes. Still, Freddy isn't MK.

Passable for a DLC but two gloves is AN EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ripper
Apprentice

Post by Ripper »

Uh....Freddie Kreuger really? That is what they come up with. With a rich and large universe of kharacters to choose from this is what they choose? Don't get me wrong, I love Freddie but I don't want him in my MORTAL KOMBAT!!! What were they thinking?
RedShirtDavid
Mortal

Post by RedShirtDavid »

If they're going with Freddy they should at the very least make him correctly. He has NEVER been depicted with two gloves. DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL! I'm seriously disgusted. Hopefully they'll fix this before releasing him. I like the nightmare on elm street movies, as well as all new line's horror characters, and I'm even ok with Freddy being in MK if they think that's a good move-which it isn't-but there's NO excuse for giving him two gloves...besides maybe not ever seeing any of the movies.
I will pass on buying him, and in my opinion really makes Netherrealms look stupid. FIX THE GLOVE ISSUE!! Did no one tell them when they were making it?!?!
Urukai
Mortal

Post by Urukai »

I really love the idea to play with Freddy. I also recognised the second glove, that is really a mess. Now they have to build in Jason Forehees for a free download on compensation.

But at least it is a different character. I´m so bored of all the same-looks in this game. If you put a ninja costume on every char, you only would get three different characters (m/w/kratos). Why didn´t they vary a little bit?
amirali
Mortal

Post by amirali »

Urukai wrote:I really love the idea to play with Freddy. I also recognised the second glove, that is really a mess. Now they have to build in Jason Forehees for a free download on compensation.

But at least it is a different character. I´m so bored of all the same-looks in this game. If you put a ninja costume on every char, you only would get three different characters (m/w/kratos). Why didn´t they vary a little bit?
Just wondering, but are you swedish?

I diden't like the character:( I would love to have Fujin instead of that. I mean this is Mortal Kombat, as bloody and scary he is, he dosen't fit in the game XD

But you had to admit, i liked his fatality :D
!!!!!Fatality Lives!!!!!
charliez99
Mortal
XBox Live: AKA BaLliztik

Post by charliez99 »

dude's... come on!
i know that mk has a huge rooster from which they could've picked anyone! but i'm really satisfied with the idea to put freddy on mk! why not? i think that innovation is the key in this new mk, and for the fact that he has 2 gloves... get over it! it's not gonna ruin the whole concept of elm street just for 1 simple glove... come on guys let's give freddy a chance im sure it won't dissapoint us :)
RedShirtDavid
Mortal

Post by RedShirtDavid »

charliez99 wrote:dude's... come on!
i know that mk has a huge rooster from which they could've picked anyone! but i'm really satisfied with the idea to put freddy on mk! why not? i think that innovation is the key in this new mk, and for the fact that he has 2 gloves... get over it! it's not gonna ruin the whole concept of elm street just for 1 simple glove... come on guys let's give freddy a chance im sure it won't dissapoint us :)
SURE, why not?? 2 gloves...hell give him 4 arms...that makes sense. Have you SEEN Freddy before?? It's just stupid...plain and simple.
charliez99
Mortal
XBox Live: AKA BaLliztik

Post by charliez99 »

RedShirtDavid wrote: SURE, why not?? 2 gloves...hell give him 4 arms...that makes sense. Have you SEEN Freddy before?? It's just stupid...plain and simple.
don't you think you're being a little to dramatic?
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

stupid freddy...

I think they are trying to get more people into mortal kombat by creating characters like that.
kratos recrutes alot of god of war fans, and now... freddy fans....

But if they really wanted to get tons more fans they should make a star wars guy... there are tons of star wars fans and with force unleashed 2 alot of star wars stuff has been going good...

amagine... darth vader v.s. shao kahn....
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Return to “News Articles”