Gamasutra: Tancharoen On Mortal Kombat's Screen Rebirth

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Gamasutra: Tancharoen On Mortal Kombat's Screen Rebirth

Post by Gambid »

Gamasutra.com posted today an interview with the Mortal Kombat: Digital Series director, Kevin Tancharoen. In the interview he reveals interesting details about the creation of the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short movie and the creation of the upcoming digital series. From the interview:
“I am not the most technically savvy YouTube person,” Tancharoen tells Gamasutra in an interview. “What came out wasn’t the final product in my mind. I wasn’t done yet."

"It was still in its rough phase, but I couldn’t send a 2GB file over email, so my friend said I could create a private page on YouTube and sent it to him to review. It turns out it wasn’t that private.”
When he realized it was his film, his fears doubled: certain rights hadn’t been secured – including with his cast. “The actors could have quickly rebelled against me,” he says. “Thank God people liked it, because it could have gone really bad.”

Instead of rebelling, the cast rallied. White, Ryan, Ian Anthony Dale and the rest of the actors featured in the video are currently in negotiations to star in the digital shorts.

Tancharoen says there will be nine episodes in the MK live action series. Each will run for 7-10 minutes – and will explore the history of the characters in the game. (Some of the big characters, like Scorpion and Sub Zero might have their stories split into two parts.)
Click here to read the entire interview.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”