Shujinko

G.T.Rider5215
Mortal

Shujinko

Post by G.T.Rider5215 »

Okay, so my favorite character is Shujinko.
A lot of my friends make fun of me because I like him. Then when I kick their asses with him they shut up...
Anyways,
What do you guys think of this man? (I know he turns out to be a sadistic dumbass at the end but y'know).

~K!!ng $w@gg3th~
Mortal

Re: Shujinko

Post by ~K!!ng $w@gg3th~ »

he is a kickass player.......but i really wanna know who would win shujinko or lui kang
Ryan Denton Aka The Mortal Kombat information King
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

This better not be the start of another who would win conversation.
I enjoyed playing as Shujinko through Konquest mode, but never actually liked him in the arcade mode.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
G.T.Rider5215
Mortal

Post by G.T.Rider5215 »

I would think Shujinko would beat Lui Kang because Shujinko has a little of EVERYONES power. But I'll leave it at that lol.
And his little story at the end of Arcade in Armageddon is kinda dumb..
"Shujinko goes mad with power and embarks on a new quest. He would challenge the Elder gods for control of all the realms."
I think for someone who had their own konquest would have had a better story.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Face the fact, with the exception of Daegon and Taven, no one else actually had a storyline in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. If we take out Konquest Mode the game actually has o story behind it which is said for a last game of its generation. The bios they later released online only patched things up a little, but not every character received a bio. Shujinko is actually one of the lucky ones in that matter:

Shujinko
Onaga was defeated. I had absorbed the fighting styles of scores of warriors and unleashed an assault on the Dragon King, purging his soul from this existence. His body collapsed – but after a moment of horrific cracking and twisting, it was the lifeless shape of Reptile that lay before me.

For a time I was revered as a hero. The people of Outworld accepted me wholeheartedly as the defender of their realm. But their respect and gratitude were misplaced, for it was I who allowed Onaga to return. I played the role of champion to help inspire this war–ravaged land, but I did not feel worthy of their admiration.

Some time later, word came to me that Princess Kitana requested my presence at Shao Kahn's fortress. Edenian forces had flushed out Reiko's elite guard, the last remnants of the old empire, and she wished to celebrate the occasion with the "Hero of Outworld" at her side.

What gave me pause was that when Kitana and I parted ways after the fall of Onaga, she had expressed a desire to help Liu Kang's disembodied spirit. Therefore, I thought she had left for Earthrealm. Perhaps she had completed her quest and returned sooner than expected — or quite possibly this invitation had not come from Kitana at all!

I am not as naïve as I once was. I have had much experience with deception. It could be that a new threat is emerging in my adopted home. If I were to uncover a plot to destabilize the realm and fend off a potential coup, I truly would have earned the respect of the people of Outworld — and redeemed myself in my own eyes.

The rest you can see here: http://www.mksecrets.net/mka/eng/mka-bios.php
I Rule This World!

G.T.Rider5215
Mortal

Post by G.T.Rider5215 »

I'll take a look at that right now. Thank you.
MastaRoe
Mortal

Post by MastaRoe »

Don't feel bad, one of my favorite characters is Bo' Rai Cho! Anyway I like Shujinko. I think his backstory and konquest were good ideas and they brought to light many interesting things (Kamidogu, the One Being, etc.) but then the creators (as always) had to go and mess it up by giving him such a crappy ending. I guess it was part of the "deception". In reality I think they came up with him so they could have a different champion besides Liu Kang for a change. Personally, I don't know why they're always trying to make fundamental changes to an already excellent story. Why not just write a different story?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Because if they come up with a completely different story, there will be a lot of angry fans who will feel betrayed.
I Rule This World!

MastaRoe
Mortal

Post by MastaRoe »

I for one feel betrayed (and have periodically since the mid-90's) because they keep making drastic unprecedented changes to the story and ignoring well-laid facts. For example, the new game. Raiden sends a thought back through time. Really? Is that not the weakest plot device ever? If they wanted to reboot the series they should have had the One Being return, get defeated by the Elder gods, and his shattered conscience reformed the realms. It's consistent with the story from MKD and it works. It's better than giving Raiden a brand new ability after all these years. Not to mention, wouldn't Shinnok, Fujin, and Argus also have this power. Why wouldn't Shinnok send a thought back through time and tell himself Quan Chi stole his Amulet? Do you see my point? They really need to take a lesson from other great franchises (like Terminator and Star Wars) that have stayed true to their stories, have made tons of money, and never needed to be rebooted.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

May be all of the gods have this power, but no one could actually know what would happen if they send the message. The so called Butterfly Effect might even make things worse for the one who tries to change things.

We only have one bit of information about the story. We should wait until more is revealed before we start judging.
I Rule This World!

MastaRoe
Mortal

Post by MastaRoe »

I suppose there's a chance they will patch all the gaping holes this new plotline leaves (one of which being the Butterfly Effect you mentioned), but as we've seen in the past that isn't likely. It's too bad because I've loved MK for nearly 20 years now and I've seen the creators shoot themselves in the foot numerous times and it really is what's keeping the franchise down. Well that and Midway's horrific mismanagement but fortunately that's been resolved. By "keeping the franchise down" of course I mean falling short of the level of fandom the franchises I mentioned before have reached. The bottom line is yeah, most fans couldn't care less about the story, but it is in fact the story that holds everthing together and what keeps this kind of thing alive. It deserves some respect and care.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The old storyline actually have to much plot contradictions in it. So, I actually am happy that they are going to rewrite it and hopefully will make it more mature than they did it before.
I Rule This World!

MastaRoe
Mortal

Post by MastaRoe »

Actually when you sit down and really start mulling it over, there are many seeming contradictions that can be worked around. That is, nearly everything published can be interpreted in such a way as to be non-contradictory. That's a standard practice for fans of other franchises (Star Wars being a prime example). The old storyline is quite tangled, to be sure. But that's kind of deliberate seeing as how each game had anywhere from 7 to 60+ possible outcomes with only one being the "real" one. But that doesn't mean it's "too complicated" as some might argue. It actually makes it quite rich and, in my opinion, enjoyable. It's the depth of the storyline that drew many fans in to begin with. But I'm afraid I'm one of very few that remain. As for making it more mature, I'm with you on that 100 percent.
ThunderGod
Warrior

Post by ThunderGod »

MastaRoe wrote:Don't feel bad, one of my favorite characters is Bo' Rai Cho! Anyway I like Shujinko. I think his backstory and konquest were good ideas and they brought to light many interesting things (Kamidogu, the One Being, etc.) but then the creators (as always) had to go and mess it up by giving him such a crappy ending. I guess it was part of the "deception". In reality I think they came up with him so they could have a different champion besides Liu Kang for a change. Personally, I don't know why they're always trying to make fundamental changes to an already excellent story. Why not just write a different story?

WOW, I have never met anyone who was a Bo fan. There's a first for everything!

As for Shujinko, meh, I wasn't too fascinated by him at all.
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

i dont like shujinko.
i dont now why... i just dont like him.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀