Kamudogu Interviews Ed Boon And Steve Beran

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Kamudogu Interviews Ed Boon And Steve Beran

Post by Gambid »

As we already mentioned in an earlier updates, fellow Mortal Kombat fan site and our affiliate Kamidogu.com was present on this years E3 and was able to interview two of the members of the development team: Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon and art director Steve Beran.

In his interview Ed Boon discusses the part of the game in the Mortal Kombat time line. He also once again states that if there are hidden or new characters in the game, this will not be documented. Ed Boon also confirms that there will be no Kreate a Fighter mode in the game. Konquest mode will also be absent and the story will be told in a Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe kind of way. The endings will not be just still images but will also not be fully rendered movies.
In his Interview Steve Beran talks about the challenges which the team had to face while redesigning the characters and the backgrounds for the game. He also gives some behind the scenes information on X-Ray mode.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Kamudogu Interviews Ed Boon And Steve Beran

Post by Sub-Zero »

I always thought their Kreate A Fighter kinda sucked compared to Soul Calibur's. But I was really hoping for a Konquest mode similar to the one in Deception. I never liked the one in Armageddon.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Kamudogu Interviews Ed Boon And Steve Beran

Post by Gambid »

I think a lot of people would have loved a Konquest mode with Unreal Engine 3 graphics. But I suppose it would have been to much to develop.

I prefer the Mortal Kombat: Armageddon type of Konquest Mode.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”