Why is this forum dead?

tonshaad1230
Apprentice

Why is this forum dead?

Post by tonshaad1230 »

One question that i know I'd get the same answer to but i'm going to ask anyway, why is this wonderful forum dead? Come on guys! MK9's coming out and we've been lazy since 2008! I really don't want this site to close down because of inactivity!

" Is that your best?" - MK3 Shao Kahn Taunt MK3 1995 Arcade.
ded
God

Re: Why is this forum dead?

Post by ded »

our YouTube channel is very active, i guess most of the fans just visit the site and YT channel only
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I can probably think of a tons of reasons for this.

We, the current and the past Staff Members are also to blame for it. But I am sure that that once the wheel starts rolling again everything will be OK.

The boards were pretty active in the past until the moment when thing kind of got out of control.

One thing is certain, I do not look at to the inactivity of the forums as a problem of the content part of the website, because the site gets more and more visitors every day.

My suggestion is that people open the forums, see that there is nothing new and close again.

We definitely need better advertising.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
tonshaad1230
Apprentice

Post by tonshaad1230 »

Gambid wrote:I can probably think of a tons of reasons for this.

We, the current and the past Staff Members are also to blame for it. But I am sure that that once the wheel starts rolling again everything will be OK.

The boards were pretty active in the past until the moment when thing kind of got out of control.

One thing is certain, I do not look at to the inactivity of the forums as a problem of the content part of the website, because the site gets more and more visitors every day.

My suggestion is that people open the forums, see that there is nothing new and close again.

We definitely need better advertising.
I agree thats why I sent you that PM because with a little help in the staff department, can change trust me I know because I used to work and it was castrophobia, until I came and help change.
" Is that your best?" - MK3 Shao Kahn Taunt MK3 1995 Arcade.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Let's hope that things will change.
We were very active in the past and it was an interesting time.

It will be great to have this activity again, perhaps with a little better quality of the posts.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Bujin
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Bujin »

This is an amazing website. Very informative and feels like a library reference book. People flock to forums whenever there's a new MK game coming out, then forums go quiet for ages. Like the ocean waves, the tide komes in, tide goes out. As for advertising, I have made an MK forum, it's in maintanince mode at the moment because nobody joined it so didn't see the point of having an empty forum. But I advertised my forum on American gaming podcast, yes, I'm not in USA. I paid about $10 for a mention on podcast and was getting about 100 guests viewing a day. One more thing, PLEASE kontinue The History of MK YT series.
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

The waves are correct, this thing happens every time a new Mortal Kombat game is released. Several enthusiastic people like me can make this place even more fun. I am still waiting for the others ;)

Totally agree on the content of the website and the History series.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

I think it also has to due with many of MKSecrets 'fans' being too lazy to join, no seriously.. I've been a lurker since '11 on here. I randomly just check whats new and soak up the information, (mainly watch videos) but never actually sat down to say, Okay.. time to register in the forums! So I do apologize in advance.. Normally though, I do frequent YouTube and

With that said, Gambid. I'd like to thank you and the rest of the staff for such a great site, and posting up so many great and "klassic" making of videos.
OnlyTanyaFan
Mortal

Post by OnlyTanyaFan »

I know this is an old thread to reply to, but I can make you a deal.

I currently have a Brand New MK site, if people here can join me(we are hungry for new members). You don't have to post anything, but just join us, to the site on my sig, I will return the favor and put this site as our affiliate, so any member whose there can also visit this site in return. Not only that, I will advertise this site to all 3 of my sites(the newest site is actually the one has any activity right now), even though one of the site is pretty much dead like here, though newer than the one on my sig, and the other, my oldest site that has 255 members on it, which is also pretty much dead, that I am trying to re-liven up that celebrates 10th year this October.

I will let the word out for this site. Right now, MK Secrets is one of the better known forums for the MK, so there will be no problem in getting new members here, but I will do my part in advetising this site if you need me to.

I have not really made any impact here myself as well, but I will from now. Since, working on my sites all day to improve it along with coming out with new skin and all, can be a hard work sometimes, and MKO these days have gotten just way too large, so it's easy to get lost, so I will call this place a new home.

Thankx.

Return to “Feedback And Questions”