Cancelled Mortal Kombat Adventure Game + Level Art

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Cancelled Mortal Kombat Adventure Game + Level Art

Post by Gambid »

Matthew Doyle, a former Midway employee has posted a concept art from, according to him, canceled sequel to Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks:
The image represents a sketch of a level planned for the game.

When contacted by fellow Mortal Kombat fan site and our affiliate FDMK, Matthew Doyle had the following thing to say:
Matthew Doyle: It was canceled within a few weeks of my arriving at Midway. I don't have anything else to show you unfortunately. Half the studio was laid off, and new management was brought in. Then we started work on TNA Wrestling.

A prototype level was built, but that was it. A few design docs were worked on, and a few characters were made in 3D - Scorpion and Subzero. The game was codenamed Fire & Ice - as those two characters were to be the main characters. I was really looking forward to doing level design and construction for it. It was a shame it was canceled.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Cancelled Mortal Kombat Adventure Game + Level Art

Post by Sub-Zero »

An adventure game starring Sub-Zero and Scorpion! I would've pre-ordered that. Unless it looked as bad as the tna game turned out.

Return to “News Articles”