Kombat Kolumns Issue 08

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Kombat Kolumns Issue 08

Post by Gambid »

The eight issue of our Kombat Kolumns has been released.
In this week's kolumn ded_ has taken on his target the Sega CD version of Mortal Kombat 1 and the Sega 32X version of Mortal Kombat II.

Click here to find out the outcome.

As usual, we would be happy to hear your opinion, so don't hesitate to leave some feedback in our forums.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Psycho4rent
Mortal

Re: Kombat Kolumns Issue 08

Post by Psycho4rent »

Good job, Andrey

Image Image Image Image
frozenworm
Mortal

Post by frozenworm »

Ok... :o It was GREAT...!!! :D

I haven't been able of playing any of those versions... and it was pretty interesting for me to see the differences and special details those games had. Tho for an average/unfamiliar reader the part in MK2 when you say it has new animations for Tsung and Cage's winning poses it might be readed as brand new... it could be more specific at that particular point.

The part where you explain the big loading times felt very profesional because you didn't explain how nasty and dissapointing was to wait for the fatalities to come up, and general loading times... tho I'm curious, about how long do you have to wait after you pick your character and the actual match starts... and when you perform a fatality...?

It would be super cool to see pictures of those details you mention on the MK1 CD version, I saw the blood on the skeleton hands and felt like I wanted to see all of the other exclusive details... :)

Oh... same thing, you said Tsung's head now move to follow the fighters... but it could be readed as some "exclusive" stuff that's not even on the arcade, this happens particularly because you're comparing the game with the GEN and the ARC version kinda at the same time, and it's cool... I think it was necessary and I like it, but you should be more especific in some cases so it can be easily understood for average people... I think it was only those details, not even important but just wanted to mention them.

I so wanna play those versions... particularly the MK1 one :mrgreen:

So, thank you... your article actually made my day.

Note: About the "?" symbol and final counclusion... it was a very COOL idea... I like it...! only that since the comparison is also with the GEN version, I ended with curiosity for the MK1 part... I wanted to read your conclusion to see if in your opinion MK1 GEN was actually better than MK1 SCD...!

Also I missed to know if there were a lot of secrets in those games, if Noob, Jade and Smoke were there and everything were good... if Reptile in MK1 used a green freezing ball and spear the way he did in the GEN version, so it was totally awesome but I wanted more...! :lol:
ded
God

Post by ded »

The part where you explain the big loading times felt very profesional because you didn't explain how nasty and dissapointing was to wait for the fatalities to come up, and general loading times... tho I'm curious, about how long do you have to wait after you pick your character and the actual match starts... and when you perform a fatality...?

It would be super cool to see pictures of those details you mention on the MK1 CD version, I saw the blood on the skeleton hands and felt like I wanted to see all of the other exclusive details... :)
here is a complete playthrough for mk1 sega cd played on emulator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1I5Yljx2I
Note: About the "?" symbol and final counclusion... it was a very COOL idea... I like it...! only that since the comparison is also with the GEN version, I ended with curiosity for the MK1 part... I wanted to read your conclusion to see if in your opinion MK1 GEN was actually better than MK1 SCD...!
thanks man, and yeah, imo of course, mk1 for genesis/megadrive is better than the sega cd version.
Also I missed to know if there were a lot of secrets in those games, if Noob, Jade and Smoke were there and everything were good... if Reptile in MK1 used a green freezing ball and spear the way he did in the GEN version, so it was totally awesome but I wanted more...! :lol:
youtube man ;]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTeYj_uZ9tQ (MK1 Reptile in Sega CD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9tll5XKO8 (MK2 Jade in Sega32x)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-429sftfed4 (MK2 TAS Speedrun for 32x)

there are probably vids against noob and smoke too...
frozenworm
Mortal

Post by frozenworm »

Ohhh... MK1 comments:

Scorpion's get over here seems to be re-recorded for this version as it sounds very different in my opinion to the arcade version...

The budda stage has no clouds... totally horrible, don't remember if was THIS crappy in the GEN version tho...

Loading times are good, tho is not automatic like in GEN version, it is quick enough and it doesn't really fucks the game...

I saw another video and it's the same Reptile from GEN...
ded
God

Post by ded »

yeah the palace gates is the same as genesis version, as for loading times, dont forget they are played on emu which makes the loadings shorter. the fight against shang tsung could be really pain in the ass.

Return to “News Articles”