Mortal Kombo Kombat Arcade

megatron187
Mortal

Mortal Kombo Kombat Arcade

Post by megatron187 »

Has anybody ever seen this rare arcade before. I've heard it's really cool. My friend saw it in California. Does anybody know about the different stuff you can do in the game like what's so great about it. And does anybody know if it will come to mame someday.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombo Kombat Arcade

Post by Gambid »

I am not sure if this think even exist.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
ded
God

Post by ded »

did you mean: Mortal Kombat Nifty Combo? If so read this info:

Nifty Kombo is probably the earlier version of the Kombo release. The freeze-levitate doesn't raise the characters to the ceiling (just about an inch or so) and Goro is *really* hard -- he's like in the early versions of MK (like 1.0) where an uppercut won't knock him off of his feet. Turbo 3.1 is the one to have, then Nifty just to be complete. Nifty also has some different writing on the screen in the attract mode.
ded
God

Post by ded »

oops my mistake! you probably mean Mortal Kombat 3.1 Turbo. here are some info:
Mortal Kombat I 3.1 Turbo/Kombo board: Take Mortal Kombat and kick up the speed; then tweek the game play for more juggling and you have this game. Other features include Sub-Zero's levitating freeze (freeze the opponent and they float to the top of the screen - devastating combo possibilities!) and Reptile comes out to fight more readily (see the picture - note that Scorpion didn't get a flawless victory and this isn't the pit stage). This is the best version of MK by far - the Kombo board brings the speed up to MK2 standards.

The board can be converted back, all you have to do is remove the daughterboard and one rom and replace them with the standard roms. MK version ROMs go in sockets U89 and U105 and these are the sockets that the Kombo version uses. The Kombo version is based on version 3.0 (the test screen calls it 3.1 Turbo).

The small PCB holds the second rom, a clock crystal, and a PAL chip (which is likely for copy protection).

Here are and screenshot:

MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Wow cool!
ded
God

Post by ded »

here are more screenshots:

megatron187
Mortal

Post by megatron187 »

Yah I've seen those pics there cool. My friend saw the arcade in California and the marque said Mortal Kombo Kombat on it. My friend watched a little bit of it and said the speed was as fast as MK II is. My friend was planning on going to California again and I asked him to take my camcorder and video tape this mysterious MK I arcade version, but when he went to the gas station where it was it was gone. It sucked I wanted to get a video of it so bad, because I have never seen this arcade before. :(
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Is the game anything like Mortal Kombat II - Challenger.
ded
God

Post by ded »

no, this is just changes in sockets U89 and U105 and these are the sockets that the Kombo version uses. The Kombo version is based on version 3.0 (the test screen calls it 3.1 Turbo).
florentin
Warrior

Post by florentin »

Is there a Mame rom of this MK 3.1 turbo?
ded
God

Post by ded »

not yet
MK fix
Mortal

Re: Re:

Post by MK fix »

megatron187 wrote:Has anybody ever seen this rare arcade before. I've heard it's really cool. My friend saw it in California. Does anybody know about the different stuff you can do in the game like what's so great about it. And does anybody know if it will come to mame someday.

I have this Mortal Kombat 3.1 Turbo version. I bought the daughter board from the US about 2 years ago - cost me a fortune. I also passed up the opportunity of owning the Black Ninja Version. Some guy had the Black Ninja version advertised on Ebay a while ago and believed the black background stuff was a fault on the board. I would have snapped it up if I'd known what it was then. Never mind. I can tell you all you need to know about the 3.1 turbo Edition - Shoot away.

I'm trying to release a video of it on youtube for interest - my sd card on the digital camera is only 250 Mb giving me 87 seconds of play. I bought a 4Gb card that would show everything but the camera won't have it. I'm going to swap it later and try to get the video uploaded. By the way - I own a Wellon VP-280 and downloaded the ROM files from the turbo version. Ofcourse, you need the information in the GAL 16V8-25LP chip for them to be any use at all.

Does anyone actually know or own the nifty kombo version? I'd hope it's a direct ROM swap in the U89 & U105. I wouldn't mind owning this version also, but I bet no-one has it.

In fact, sod it - I'll upload the 87 seconds I recorded now. I was embarassed to put it on, because I'll look pants at the game. I had to put Kano down as quick as, hoping I could get to the end of the Reptile fight. Guess I didn't make it, but you get to see round 1. I'll have to set up an account first, I'm sure. Wish me luck.

Update : Man that YouTube is slow, I'm suprised the PC hasn't biodegraded. Anyway the search parameter is 'Mortal Kombat Kombo Turbo 3.1 Arcade Reptile Pit'. Anyone familiar with this web page will note the screen shots - http://www.vm68.com/mkromhacks/mk_kombo.html . I'm no film director but I reckon it's all in there. The vid has been uploaded but it's processing, wouldn't know how long that's going to take based on the upload time - probably tomorrow! I'll get the bigger SD card so you can actually watch a proper fight. Enjoy!

Update : It's on - Enjoy!
Last edited by MK fix on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ded
God

Post by ded »

Thats cool if you have it. You know, if you can find a copy of the pcb and send it to Aaron, it will be emulated in Mame.

Let me know if you can find one for selling, i know few people who will def get it, and maybe even Aaron lol
aleuser12

Post by aleuser12 »

Hi everybody!

I read about it on some web site, then found in in Youtube.
Looks quite interesting, not only because it increases speed, also because you can fight Reptile after the first match (no need to get to The Pit stage). Don't know if you need full lawless victory + fatality though...
megatron187
Mortal

Post by megatron187 »

A guy has gotten a hold of this rare MK game and has videos of it in action check it out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJ1vkHXdaY

Return to “Mortal Kombat 1 (1992)”