Site Update: Kombat Kolumns Issue 05

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Site Update: Kombat Kolumns Issue 05

Post by Gambid »

The fifth issue of our Kombat Kolumns has been released.
This time ded_ takes the GameBoy (Color) versions of Mortal Kombat 1, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat 4 for a test drive.

Click here to read the fifth issue of our Kombat Kulumns. Until next time.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
frozenworm
Mortal

Re: Site Update: Kombat Kolumns Issue 05

Post by frozenworm »

Nice post, but I would add some info...

- MK1 had different fatalities, for instance Raiden could turn into electricity... this is his elemental form (see elemental Gods in MKM).
- There was a code to do fatalities in mid fight.
- Cage had a fireball wich the CPU was able to use.
- Shang Tsung was playable too via Gameshark codes.
- You could play as Collumn, Mirror, Match and Kombat using Gameshark codes...!
----------------------------------------------------
- MK2 Had different Fatalities, for instance Liu's Dragon
- Air kicks send the opponent straight to the floor
- It is the best GB/GBC MK game
- It has Stage Fatality
- Shang Tsung could morph...!
- MK3 Had Kombat Codes
- Shao Kahn's Knee infinite and Special Grab had a full screen range...
- CPU was really agressive
- MK4 is the worst MK game ever...!
- It was buid using MK3 engine
- Using Gameshark codes you could get fireball sprites from MK3 including Sektor's Missile, Kabal's Saw, Sindel's Air Beam, and some programming like Sektor's Teleport or Kano's Cannonball.
- Shinnok had special moves.
- Scorpion Fatality could be executed by doing his spear after killing the opponent.
- Sub-Zero could still do Roundhouse - Freeze infinite
- Quan Chi had a Roundhouse - Slide infinite

In general I believe the Kombat Kollumns are a great idea, and they should have an extensive and profesional content, with all the interesting info available and not just a general, simple and short overview.
ded
God

Post by ded »

hey dude, almost everything from your info could be found in our games section (like "in development" for mk1, codes and secrets for the specific game an etc), but there are some things i may add.

kombat kolumn idea is to be short, i'm not gonna write novels (dont forget each article is written in both english and bulgarian). if anyone want to contribute with something like glitch, gameshark/genie/action reply/etc kode, secret, and stuff like that he could always mail me or gambid and eventualy we will put this in the specific game section.

nice to hear from ya anyway, i will search for ya for the gameboy advance mk games review if you dont mind ;)
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I will allow myself to at least partially correct ded_
Kombat Kolumns are not meant to be short, but they are also not meant to be long. There are no criteria in that area at all.

Each Kolumn has its own focus. I don't know if you have noticed but the focus in ded_'s articles is the comparison with the original Arcade versions of the games. That is what he has choose to base his Kolumns around. For example, I someone decides to write a Kolumn for a game, he can focus on something completely different. Its a kolumn, not a news article, people are free to choose their own style and to share their thoughts.

About the length. I am currently (by currently I mean have started but don't know when I will finish) working on a few kolumns on my own. And they will really be huge and will probably be divided in several issues.

I have also considered the possibility of Guest Kolumns if there are anough people who are interested in writting Mortal Kombat related kolumns.
I Rule This World!

frozenworm
Mortal

Post by frozenworm »

I have an extensive knowledge on MK... and I definitelly think I can help with kolums, tho I might need some help with my english :)

But I'd love helping with Kombat Kolums, I'm just waiting for an answer to start.

So, if you're so kind to fix it I would appreciate it very much... if you want me to, I could work on other subjects for Kolums, maybe rumored secret characters such as Pairs, Mirror, Match and Kombat from MK1 (GBA) or this character I discovered and named "Ghubet" and showed to ded_ wich exist only in MK4 (PC) and uses lifebars and numbers as his skin. I could make an issue about Ermac in MK1 with all the info and arguments towards his existence, what Ed Boon said, existent codes for Mame and other versions, bugs to pseudo play as Ermac and stuff... there're a lot of subjects to deal in kolums :)
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Well, just pick something and write a complete test kolumn.
Me and ded_ will review it after that and will tell you.

You should know however that getting it released will take time, Kolumns are being published every second week, and we intend to keep it this way.

But please do not post it here, just send it to my e-mail or PM-it.
I Rule This World!

frozenworm
Mortal

Post by frozenworm »

Well, feel free to delete the post and make a copy if you want...

I don't have a computer, and english isn't my natural languaje... for those 2 reasons I find very difficult to give you a completely finished kolumn, but only something like what I just posted. I don't know if that have some use for you, but it tooks me like two hours to write on a cyber.

I'll write an issue on a book, and give it to you via PM when I have time, no rush since you told me you take 15 days to post each kolumn.

Return to “News Articles”