MK2 soundproblems with dosbox

rookie721
Mortal

MK2 soundproblems with dosbox

Post by rookie721 »

Hello guys,when i play MK1 without dosbox i have music,but no sound FX.With dosbox both works fine,but when i play MK2 without dosbox there is music but the sound FX are...(how to say in english?)...stocking,and when i play with d.b. there is music but no sound FX and i dont know how i can make it running. I use the dosshell frontend to make the dosbox running. Can someone help? much thx! (And please excuse my bad english,it is not my native language!)

ded
God

Re: MK2 soundproblems with dosbox

Post by ded »

i had problems with mk2 in dosbox too. i suggest you to use "Soundblaster" settings from the Options menu (F10). creative didnt worked for me :/
rookie721
Mortal

Post by rookie721 »

i tried it. MK1 works fine with soundblaster, but if i try to set it in MK2 appears the message: "cant initialize soundcard"..... i dont understand this,because,how i said, it works in MK1! is there maybe something special i have to configure on the dosbox or something?
ded
God

Post by ded »

well, just try the sound option that works for you. i will try to see it again, if i can run it with creative awe.
rookie721
Mortal

Post by rookie721 »

nothing. the only thing that works is roland but there is only music. i have no idea why.
Dzenis
Mortal

Post by Dzenis »

Oh, I have solve for this trouble. In options set: Sound-Soundblaster, port address-220, then exit&save, and make DOSBox window unactive, after that make it active again. That's all :)

Return to “Mortal Kombat II”