Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Post by Gambid »

Do you still remember one of the very first rumors that hit the net. Exactly!!! It was that the next Mortal Kombat game (currently known as Mortal Kombat 8) is going to be a Versus title, combining both Mortal Kombat and DC characters. However time has passed and this rumor was forgotten. But today it was made clear that this rumor is true.
In preparation for Midway Gamer's Day, that is in just a few days, Midway has added the next Mortal Kombat game in the list of titles that are going to be released in the second half of the year. The game is listed as:
This means that we are really going to get a "VS" Mortal Kombat game.

What effect is all this going to have on the Mortal Kombat community is to early to predict.

Keep an eye on Mortal Kombat Secrets. We will update with more information as soon as we find out more.

And remember you heard this news first here at Mortal Kombat Secrets - The most informative Mortal Kombat website on the net.

Update - 04.15.2008

Due to the fact that this news totally turned the entire community upside down, and led to a lot of accusations and negative feedback on the trustfulness of Mortal Kombat Secrets, here is a short explanation about how this news was born.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Jeppyawsome
Mortal

Re: Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe

Post by Jeppyawsome »

I want a creditable source, thats what I want...
Until then I'll wait 3 days...

You guys need to quit posting fake crap like that trailer...
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Post by Sub-Zero »

OMFG OMFG OMFG! I'M GONNA CRY! SUB-ZERO VS BATMAN. Shao Kahn v.s. The Joker holy shit!!!!
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Jeppyawsome wrote:I want a creditable source, thats what I want...
Until then I'll wait 3 days...

You guys need to quit posting fake crap like that trailer...
The creditable source is Midway.

The information comes from them directly. It is not something that appeared on a third party site like youtube.

But, believe what you want we are not here to convince you in anything, we are here to report news.

And we have never intensionally posted fake news.
I Rule This World!

Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Due to the fact that this news has totally turned the entire community upside down, here is a small explanation of how it was born.

Last night I was showing a few Mortal Kombat (Mortal Kombat Secrets) things to a friend of mine. Then I decided to check the usual official sources for media and information (Midway's Press Site) that we usually use.

I logged in, and there it was. 5 titles listed for release in the second half of the year.

One of them was <b>Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe</b> written exactly the way I posted it on MKSecrets.

The section was empty and I decided that this was preparation for Midway Gamers Day that is in just a few days.

So I went and posted the news.

When I refreshed the page, about 10 minutes later, the entire press site was offline. And this morning everything was back to normal with only one game listed for release during the second half of the year.

My suspicion is that someone (the person who updates the press site) accidentally updated the site with information that wasn't suppose to be there yet.

This is the story. Now believe what you want.
All I wrote last night in the news is pure true.

MKSecrets has never intensionally posted fake news and never will.
I Rule This World!

PYRO
Warrior

Post by PYRO »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :x
I am what you made me!
Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Post by Sub-Zero »

Harley Quinn v.s. Sonya Blade in a jello wrestling contest!

...you can't say I'm the only one who wants to see this.
goatsukel
Apprentice

Post by goatsukel »

as much as i have faith in this site and its operators...
really need to wait for the site to show it again. or another type of announcement. Its just so awesomely unbelievable that i can't take any chances of giving into it yet.

Hope its true.
and if it is true they better do a good job.

and i mean, it totally makes sense that the MKU and the DCU could be the same. Or at least if not Kahn, Chi, or Tsung is trying to invade the DC realm. !!! That'd be a hell of a story line. Hope its true.

edit: this is just their answer to Marvel vs Capcom. if its true that is.
i regret that i only have one life to give, for rock and roll
florentin
Warrior

Post by florentin »

I think everyone at Midway is on serious crack and Ed Boon is their dealer . Or maybe they purposely want to end the MK series in a total fiasco, because that is what will be .
FrozenRage
Mortal

Post by FrozenRage »

*Yawn* Its been long since I've been on this forum. Only reason I logged on is because my girlfriend told me this has come true, and I never been happier. Go ahead Midway, do your thing. :D
the Undead
God

Post by the Undead »

:cry: Its been a long time since I have been here at Mksecrets and I must say that it is a shame that it is under such sad circumstances. This game will surely spell the end for Mortal Kombat, as if the story to Armageddon wasn't crappy or makeshift enough now there is going a completely idiotic tie in with another franchise. I am sad that people are simply happy with a mortal kombat game regardless of the consecuences or repercussions, I do not see any future way that this game will be able to make sense in context and I also feel that it would be for best to forget about it. In actuality and best case scenario it should only be a fighting game and have nothing to do with the actual framework of the MK universe; I fear that the stability of this franchise has hurt enough and it is this game, no... this awkward attempt at a profit that will truely reck it...

Regardless of my oppinion thank you Gambid for your hard work as well as the hard work of the MKsecrets team, and for all Mk fans continue to play the games you love.. hopefully they will live to fight another day.. I still have faith that this game could somehow be a sucess. :(

Return to “News Articles”