Unsupported Topics

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Unsupported Topics

Post by Gambid »

What is an unsupported Topic?

As an unsupported topic we categorize all topics, the creation of which will no longer be tolerated here.

After a lot of years of (bad) experience we realized that some topics (primary those, so much loved by the newcomers) are of completely no interest to the other members. Due to this fact this topics, become a target of spam, a meaningless posting for getting higher rank and similar kind of activities. That's why we decided to prepare a list of topics that we will no longer support. This topics will be permanently deleted and their authors and posters will be warned.

List of Unsupported Topics:

Topics of the following kinds:
  • Best/Coolest/Worst/... Fighter/Game/Fatality/Finisher/Special Move [POLLS] and pointless [DISCUSSIONS]</li>
  • What do you think of Fighter/Game/Finisher/Special Move [POLLS] and pointless [DISCUSSIONS]</li>
  • All Kinds of Mortal Kombat/non Mortal Kombat Forum Games outside of the OffTopic Discussion forum.</li>
  • Create a Fatality/Finisher outside of the Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Forum[DISCUSSIONS]</li>
  • Do you think this game/fighter/special move/finisher is good/bad/last/... [DISCUSSIONS]</li>
  • Who do you think will win in a battle between Fighter A and Fighter B [POOLS] [DISCUSSIONS]</li>
  • I just bought myself Mortal Kombat game/movie/... [DISCUSSIONS]</li>
When is a topic categorized from us as unsupported not pointless and can be created?

When:
  • The Discussion is concrete, focuses on fighting style, character design, abilities, strategies, game graphics, story development.</li>
<span style='color:red'>This list will be updated very often, so keep an eye on it.</span>

We, here at Mortal Kombat Secrets, are very serious in clearing these forums from all of the spam and make them the place that the realm Mortal Kombat fans deserve.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
LordScorpion
God

Re: Unsupported Topics

Post by LordScorpion »

<span style='color:orange'>This is kind of good. At least i could know that the site would be advancing much better after my departure.</span>
Sniper Wolf 1122
God
PSN: Sever2ndtoNone

Post by Sniper Wolf 1122 »

<span style='color:green'>cracking the whip i see..</span>
Cage05
God

Post by Cage05 »

Does this mean that all topics closed are unsuported?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, it does.
And I deleted most of them.
For all the users that disagree with all these: If you really follow these rules, these forums will soon be much more interesting for all of us. Please, just trust us on this one.
I Rule This World!

ogrebot360
God

Post by ogrebot360 »

I suppose if it prevents future noob wars that nearly turn this place into some sort of elitest group like last time, I got no problem with it.
ThunderGod
Warrior

Post by ThunderGod »

It's funny you do this because when half of the regular members now first joined, I am sure a few of them made those very topics, which explains why it is of no interest to them now.

Yeah, those topics are stupid and useless but with the complaints some of you have now about the place being "boring", "not having anything to offer" and "not being very active" I certainly don't think a few of these dumb threads would hurt the place. At least we would have something to talk about since all of the people who complain about this place don't make an effort to create threads to get people talking.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

ThunderGod wrote: It's funny you do this because when half of the regular members now first joined, I am sure a few of them made those very topics, which explains why it is of no interest to them now.

Yeah, those topics are stupid and useless but with the complaints some of you have now about the place being "boring", "not having anything to offer" and "not being very active" I certainly don't think a few of these dumb threads would hurt the place. At least we would have something to talk about since all of the people who complain about this place don't make an effort to create threads to get people talking.
All these topics actually already hurt this place a lot.
A lot of the old members left because of posts like these.

Our main goal is not to have a place full of people, at least not yet.
Our main goal is first to have a place with an interesting content, the members will come after that (hopefully).
I Rule This World!

ThunderGod
Warrior

Post by ThunderGod »

Word needs to go around about this forum. It needs to be more active to keep members here. When you have the same 5 people posting a day, people lose interest.

Problem is, no one really cares about Mk anymoe. I moderate another MK forum that used to be very busy but now, you're lucky if you get 5 people to log on in a week. It's just a dead subject and it wont get busy again until another Mk game or movie comes out but even if or when that happens, people will make a few posts and leave again.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Well this is normal.

But there will be more people to leave if the forum is full of pointless topics.

To attract the real fans, we must prove that we will keep the spammers away.

I have also though to display the latest topics on the main site. But what good will this do, if they are all like "Sub-Zero is the best".

OK, let go back on topic.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Feedback And Questions”