Will MK Deception be the new MK2

Shinobi
Mortal

Will MK Deception be the new MK2

Post by Shinobi »

confused? let me explain. When MK2 hit the scene, it was revolutionary in everyway. every character was at the top of their game, and i, for one, never sat there going, "geez, i wish they had more characters". thats because each character in it was brilliant. the levels were awesome, the story was tip top, and the icing on the cake was of course, the fatalities.

since then, even though MK has come a long way, and improved in some areas, no game has made the same impact as MK2 did. Until now...i feel that MK Deception could be THE revolutionary game. not just in its multi-level fighting arenas, nor the death traps etc, but the character/story line up. i havent seen one character so far where ive gone "hmmm they dont look so good, or sound the best".

i hope, that MK Deception does kick ass, and sets the new standard for Mortal Kombat.

Shinobi

Icy-X
Master

Re: Will MK Deception be the new MK2

Post by Icy-X »

in every mk game they have improved in but i wouldnt call deception the new mk2. its not even like mk2 really. it has baraka in it so is that y u think it will be like mk2? it dont have much chars from mk 2 in it. it has baraka, mileena, scorpion, sub-zero and thats it. o and liu kang as a ghost/zombie wich really isnt like mk2. i think every mk game is great and will get greater with each game as they always have been doing. any ways i think deception will be more like mk3. well like mk2 also. more like a mix of mk2 and mk3 u know. any ways i think mkda is what opened up a lot of ppls eyes and drug in a lot of new fans. b4 mkda there was only 1 of my friends thats even heard of mortal kombat. any ways i dont think mk deception will have as big as an effect as mkda did cuz theres a lot of ppl who really dont like mkda for some reason and they probably wont take any time to look at deception. but still no doubt in my mind mk deception will be a BIG hit and maybe even bigger than i think. i just wonder if it will bring as much or more ppl into the mk world than mkda. im not sure cuz around here im the only person i think that even knows of deception. we will see what happens tho.
Shinobi
Mortal

Post by Shinobi »

hey Icy-X.

nah its not the actual "character lineup" but more of the feeling that each character, like in MK2, was brilliant. most of the characters in MKDA i didnt like at all, and the ones i did like, they ruined anyway. this game feels like it is on par with the feelings i get when i think/play MK2.

my friends and i play regularly MK2/MK3/UltMK3 and Trilogy. we mostly play trilogy for the sheer selection of characters, but MK2 is where its really at. actually i think one of my friends fave version is MK3.
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

I feel that MK:D is going to make a bigger impact than MK2 and any other fighting games out there.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I feel that MK:D is going to make a bigger impact than MK2 and any other fighting games out there.
I am sure MK: Deception will become N1fighting game of 2004.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Icy-X
Master

Post by Icy-X »

Gambid wrote:
I am sure MK: Deception will become N1fighting game of 2004.
well ya i think thats a no brainer cuz theres nothing about any other fighting games comeing out this year. atleast none that r big titles.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

As far as I am informed Street Fighter 3 will appear on PS2 this year, but I might be wrong.
I Rule This World!

Icy-X
Master

Post by Icy-X »

Gambid wrote: As far as I am informed Street Fighter 3 will appear on PS2 this year, but I might be wrong.
street fighter 3 huh? well i wonder if that would be a big hit or if most ppl ahve forgotten about street fighter. id play street fighter here and there when i got tired of mk a lil bit. but ive never been a big fan of street fighter. it seemed a lot like mk with out fatalities and street fighter was too easy for me even on the hardest difficulty. but ill atleast rent street fighter 3 when ever it comes out. maybe buy it. i just wish it has some of my favs in it.

EDIT: o i just went to gamespot.com and looked it up ther and it says for a release date taht its comeing out in june only in japan. well i hope some time it comes out in the USA. and its only gonna be on ps2 i think. so if it comes to the U.S. then ill check it out.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I have played some SF games. They were good, but there is no story, that's what I don't like.
I Rule This World!

Shinobi
Mortal

Post by Shinobi »

well i hope MKD will make a big splash, it will in the MK community. I used to and still do play Street Fighter when im bored of MK. it was like that for years with me and my friends. one half would be the big MK'ers, the other the big SF'ers. and we'd go back and forth playing the other games. it always used to be MK vs SF. now, who the hell knows whats against what. i miss the competition between fighting games.

Gambid: yep i agree, the story was barely there in comparison to MK. besides, i love MK's mythological asian feel. its very engrossing.
Icy-X
Master

Post by Icy-X »

well i first said that i wasnt a big SF fan but when i think of it i wa a huge fan. id play the games as much if not more than mk. the movie wasnt really awsome as the mk movies but i still liked it. id always played SF in the arcades more than MK. and i even owned a SF2 kite. also i think the SF cartoon was better than the MK cartoon. but now i got a problem. i know that midway is comeing out with a treasure chest thing that will have mk1-3. but now i really wanna play SF2. now since we r getting way off topic, maybe some one should make a thread on SF. any ways i wanna know who is ur most fav SF character? mine is a tie between Ryu & Ken.
Drumen the Assassin
Apprentice

Post by Drumen the Assassin »

MK deception will be the new MK2. this is what i said in my MK7 will suck post.
the Undead
God

Post by the Undead »

It will most likely because it will be a anticipated game
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Im also a huge fan of Street Fighter, but like Mortal Kombat more. But if It comes down to a match between Akuma and Scorpion I think Akuma will win. (Instant Hell Murder)
MiLeEnA fan!!!

Post by MiLeEnA fan!!! »

I HATE STREET FIGHTER!!!! They r stupid and they didnt get as far as MK did and i always argue wit people wen they talk about Street Fighter!!! MK IS 10times BETTER! People r stupid and they dont realize that!!!

OK, I think me deception will b the number one fighting game of the year, but i can feel the other people that are big fans of other games like street fighter, i feel the saying bad stuff about deception beuz they R haters and they dont want to admot that MK is better. So i think deception will b great, XCEPT some haters are going to b saying bad studd about it.........and MILEENA is back and thats COOL TO !

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deception/Unchained”