Mortal Kombat: Deception Preview at GameSpot

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: Deception Preview at GameSpot

Post by Gambid »

GameSpot has released a preview of Mortal Kombat: Deception. According to the information the game will include a total of 24 playable characters, 14 of them will be available at the beginning. Below is a part of the article that contains new information:
The additions to the combat system appear to be adding a level of strategy that should please fighting fans looking for more depth. A new position switch move, similar to the position swap seen in Tekken 4, will let you quickly switch your place with an opponent if you're backed into a corner, which should come in very handy. However, the most interesting addition is undoubtedly what Boon dubbed "fight state indicators." The indicator appears vertically on the lower left- and right-hand sides of the screen and identifies your fighter's current state on-the-fly during a battle. The color-coded indicators let you know when you're vulnerable to attack, able to counterattack, or are in a danger zone. Obviously, when the indicator isn’t reacting at all you'll know all is well. The stoplight-like meters, whose appearance is still a work in progress, struck us as a training wheel-like addition to the game. The indicators should help veteran players hone their skills to perfection and let new players get a better understanding of the fighting system, which seems like a pretty savvy equalizer to include.
Another sign of the fighting system's evolution is the way its new features relate to the game's backgrounds. The arenas will be multi-tiered and feature a high level of interactivity that will end up enriching the fighting system. Boon stated that the arenas will end up playing a big role in the flow of the battle, almost as much as the character you choose, based on their unique size and shape. Some will slowly crumble as you fight on them, making a "ring out" sort of victory possible. Another background Boon talked about was a sort of "yin and yang" arena that randomly flips between good and evil. On the good side, you'll see a Virtua Fighter-like beach, complete with seagulls and a generally peaceful setting. But when that flips around, you'll get an evil version of the same background. Getting knocked out of the arena on the good side won't be so bad for the losing player... but getting knocked out when things aren't so pleasant will probably be a bloodier affair.
Part of the preview are three new screenshots:
Image Image Image
Click here if you want to read the full article at GameSpot

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Masos
Immortal

Re: Mortal Kombat: Deception Preview at GameSpot

Post by Masos »

I just downloaded the article. I will take a look at it at home. Anyway it seems that MK6 will make the revolution MK:DA was ment to make...
A TOURNAMENT AWAITS...
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I hope it will. The game looks very promissing.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Post by Guest »

:ph34r: Do u know if they will have Cyborg Smoke in this one, or have Cyrax back?
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

No information about they bernetic ninjas have been released yet.

Return to “News Articles”