Unknown Character of MK GOLD: Belokk

SuperSZ
Mortal

Unknown Character of MK GOLD: Belokk

Post by SuperSZ »

Belokk was a scrapped character, who would have been in Mortal Kombat Gold. He was invented by Eurocom, but Midway had him removed for their own reasons. Eurocom accidentally sent information about the game with Belokk in it to Game Informer, and as a result, six screenshots of him were leaked to the public.
No official storyline exists for Belokk, but it was rumored by fans, citing his appearance, that he could have been an Oni, like Drahmin and Moloch, who made their debut in the next game Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
Even though he was scrapped prior to the release of Mortal Kombat Gold, it was rumored that he was still in the game as a secret character. In the game, the player could alternate costumes for a character, and their icon on the select screen rotates to that costume. Other hidden characters in the game can be accessed and revealed in the character boxes of Shinnok (hidden Goro), Cyrax (hidden Sektor), and Reiko (hidden Noob Saibot). Tanya's character box, reveals a question mark when rotated, and it was rumored that the mark was to represent Belokk, had he actually been in the game. Previous to this, the mark was written off as one of the many of glitches and mistakes in Mortal Kombat Gold.
Belokk was scrapped because Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, said that he did not like the character, as it wasn't created by the MK designers. Countless new character designs are scrapped prior to a game's finalization. This particular character's design was accidentally released by Eurocom, who helped produce Mortal Kombat Gold.
His character was also made too powerful and unoriginal; his move set copied that of other fighters in the game.

Pictures of Belokk:
<a href='http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... lokkMK.jpg' target='_blank'>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... kMK.jpg</a>
<a href='http://img92.exs.cx/img92/2958/belokk.jpg' target='_blank'>http://img92.exs.cx/img92/2958/belokk.jpg</a>

------------

maybe this was on this forum, but I don't know. I am new (I registered today), so:
-sorry if this information was given previously than me.
-Enjoy that information, in case it wasn't given before.
-Comment ;)

I am from Argentina, so I don't use very much english (I say this in case you don't/didn't understand something that I say/said).

--------------

Bye bye, and good luck ;)

Inferno Scorpion
Apprentice

Re: Unknown Character of MK GOLD: Belokk

Post by Inferno Scorpion »

yeh i know i saw tha original model of his special moves at some game convention show on tv and i saw him on wikepedia he wud have been a kool addition to tha mortal kombat series
ded
God

Post by ded »

nice stuff, but the belokk story is already well known by most of mk fans ;]
WarriorWithin
Master

Post by WarriorWithin »

who is belokk?
The Shut Up List
1.Lin Kuei Prodigy
2.Alucard

N00bs aren't welcome on MKS.People who think im a n00b,they're dumasses.
Inferno
ReptileLord

My Forum: MK Armageddon Online

LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

I'm suprised you don't know Belokk.

I knew the whole Belokk story,even before this was posted on WikiPedia.

It was an Interesting Glitch,and yea,he could've been a good addition to MK.his cool look,model and .,etc are very great and i hope he comes in an MK Someday.with,at least,a good story. ;)
WarriorWithin
Master

Post by WarriorWithin »

remember i don;t have MK Gold
The Shut Up List
1.Lin Kuei Prodigy
2.Alucard

Inferno
ReptileLord

LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Nobody needs to.he was never seen in a released game.only a beta.only "GameInformer" knew Belokk,then later the rumor spread and it was seen in GameInformer's article and in WikiPedia.
WarriorWithin
Master

Post by WarriorWithin »

anyone have a pic of belokk?
Don't Worry i found one by google.

<span style='color:red'>Post Edited by WarriorWithin</span>
The Shut Up List
1.Lin Kuei Prodigy
2.Alucard

Inferno
ReptileLord

LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Who the heck asked that,when the user already posted some images and also when there are some at GameInformer and WikiPedia as well?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4/Gold”