Mortal Kombat 8 Is Under Development

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 8 Is Under Development

Post by Gambid »

GameDaily has published an interview with Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon. In it he confirms that the development of Mortal Kombat 8 has already begun. Here is a part of the article:
At this time I figured I should ask the one thing I've wanted to know since Armageddon was announced. I asked Boon when Mortal Kombat would be making its way to next generation consoles. With a smile Boon told me that the next Mortal Kombat (MK8 for now) will be on next generation consoles and they've already started work on it. It almost certainly won't be hitting next year, but it should be arriving sometime in 2008. In addition, the game will not use the same engine as Armageddon and the past few MK titles, so we'll be getting an all new Mortal Kombat.

Click here to read the full article.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Shock
Mortal

Re: Mortal Kombat 8 Is Under Development

Post by Shock »

Sweet. I mean, not sweet. I don't understand the point of starting a new game before this last one is finished. There's going to be a LOT of issues with it, that is a guarantee, and they need to see what is wrong with the current engine and work out the rest of the kinks before working with a new one that you know is going to be at least partially based upon it. Well, then again, they completely UMK3 and went onto MK4, which is the same concept here, and that was a terrible step backward.
http://www.ultimatemk.com - your source for UMK3 competition.
lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

Too early to make an appointment. Let's see armageddon 1st, then we can predict the possible outcome of mk8.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
Infierno4551
God

Post by Infierno4551 »

There's no way it's coming out in 2008.
ogrebot360
God

Post by ogrebot360 »

Well, he's got me speculating. Even if it is incredibly early to be making such an announcement.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

ogrebot360 wrote: Well, he's got me speculating.  Even if it is incredibly early to be making such an announcement.
I agree. Perhaps they want to get a head start, though it does sound odd to me as well. It's a shame I only have a ps2 so I won't know what this new engine will be like unless there's videos :( (Or I buy a new console but not worth it yet.)But that won't stop me from liking it! B) Thanks for the information Gambid!
ogrebot360
God

Post by ogrebot360 »

My biggest curiosity revolves around the possibly of a WII version and what it'd be like.
Sniper Wolf 1122
God
PSN: Sever2ndtoNone

Post by Sniper Wolf 1122 »

<span style='color:green'>one word, actually many

sweet,great,amazing,omfg,yay,yes!,omg, cant wait! and everything else, mystery inline element tho? hmm</span>

Return to “News Articles”