MK9 Skins - Install - Assistance needed

super.norq
Mortal

MK9 Skins - Install - Assistance needed

Post by super.norq »

Greetings,

I've recently decided to come back to MK9 in anticipation for 11 :-)

Thus, I've purchased MK9 Komplete Edition on Steam and decided to spice things up a little by applying some additional skins. As I remembered that this forum had a plethora of talented creators, I resolved to download the skins from here.

However, when I tried to install the mods I'm interested in, there were some difficulties which I am unable to overcome without your help. Let me describe what exactly I did first:

1) I downloaded the |MKKE DLC MAN 2.6beta.rar| and copied it into the main folder of the game (DiscContentPC).

2) Then I installed the |Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1.rar| in order to gain access to additional skins for DLC characters.

3) Lastly, I installed the fantastic klassic skins made by the user K0bra DLC |Klassics Skins Pack 2 -1.07-.7z|

I believe that I followed all the instructions correctly. However, the skins seem to be working only in the Training environment. Whenever I try to start a ladder with let's say MK1 Rain the game simply freezes and there's nothing I can do about it.

Hence, I decided to register to the forums and ask for your advice. Is there anything that can be done to solve the issue described above?

Regards,
norQ

PS. A small update - it seems that the issue concerns only the DLC characters. I receive an error:

Runtime Error
Program: D:MortalKE\DiscContentPC\MKKE.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

:-)

chuck5
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: MK9 Skins - Install - Assistance needed

Post by chuck5 »

This seems kinda similar to what I've been experiencing, so until someone who knows more posts, I suggest trying the skins that we know work in Steam. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46718

If you want to try all the skins, you'll have to get the other version, but I can't help with that, except to say that you don't want to update to the latest version...
super.norq
Mortal

Post by super.norq »

I totally forgot about the thread.

A small update: it seems that the order of installation I've provided is 100% correct.

When I had run some further tests, I came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with that particular skin package.

I reinstalled the game, did everything described above but I installed the ninja klassic skins (K0br4) separately.

I applied MK1/2 Rain, MK1/2 Saibot, MK1/2 Ermac and now it's working properly. No crashes whatsoever.
majorapplesauce
Mortal

Post by majorapplesauce »

super.norq wrote:I totally forgot about the thread.

A small update: it seems that the order of installation I've provided is 100% correct.

When I had run some further tests, I came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with that particular skin package.

I reinstalled the game, did everything described above but I installed the ninja klassic skins (K0br4) separately.

I applied MK1/2 Rain, MK1/2 Saibot, MK1/2 Ermac and now it's working properly. No crashes whatsoever.
Do you happen to have some safe downloads for all of those links? When i got to the official postings with the links they seem to be rather shady. I clicked on the one from the klassic skins and suddenly got a crap ton of crappy popups and never got the download link. I'd really like to use these skins but i don't want to have to burn my computer to get rid of malware/viruses/etc.

Thanks again in advance,
Jarkom
Mortal

Post by Jarkom »

super.norq wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:03 am I totally forgot about the thread.

How did you installed them separately?
vash2086
Apprentice

Post by vash2086 »

Friend, by any chance, you don't have this mod from K0BR4?

viewtopic.php?t=47920

Could you also share the classic costumes since they are mods that have been lost?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”