Sorceresssoft's face revealed

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Sorceresssoft's face revealed

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Today I managed to access the old website of Dmitry V. Kivilyov alias Sorcereroft (the creator and founder of mk4strip and mk4 enhanced) from an old database that can be found on https://theoldnet.com/ It seems that the site was updated every year in the period 1998-2002. I even managed to extract 3 photos with him. It seems that the pictures were taken in the year 2000 and he was a 20-year-old boy at that time. 😀 But today it seems that he has a hidden social life and he doesn't seem interested in modding mk anymore. For those interested or curious about him, this is him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Sorceresssoft's face revealed

Post by Gambid »

Interesting find. I think I have seen the very first one. Nevertheless we need to remember his contribution to the Mortal Kombat modding scene. This was the first time we were able to mod a Mortal Kombat game in this way.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

"...Nevertheless we need to remember his contribution to the Mortal Kombat modding scene. This was the first time we were able to mod a Mortal Kombat game in this way"
🥲🥹🥹
In vain if it stays hidden and does not come out. Someone like him, if he is proud of his work, he would also contribute to this site, but all he does is ignore us and not respond to our messages. I paid many tributes and tributes to him, I opened a group and a Facebook page for him. I reloaded his website on a domain that is now dead. I don't want to be mean, but I think he is either so old and mature that he lost interest or he did it a bit out of fear because at that time the internet and PC technology was not as developed and popular as it is today and I assume Ed Boon and John Tobias (then from Midway Software) weren't too thrilled with his idea. In an interview given to pc gamer magazine he promised that in the future there will be other m4strip projects, but nothing ... zero results. SO?
I tried to translate his website into English because in Russian it sounds like hell. When I read, I realized that he is looking for people with innovative ideas regarding the customization of skins, textures or 3D geometries, even sounds. He probably didn't receive many messages and replies from MK4 fans. Then I sent him about three messages by email and he didn't answer me.
He has three facebook accounts and he hasn't replied to any of my messages. He didn't even accept my friend requests. But he joined and registered in the group created by me mk4strip. It is no longer valid. I realized that everything was due to the time difference. Anyway, in this chapter you and KeshaFilm, who rediscovered 3d modeling in mk4, are the best, I appreciate and respect you a lot because you have been involved more than him.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

There could be a lot of reasons as to why he is no longer active within the modding community. Lack of interest, life circumstances, etc...

I wouldn't be so hard on him. MKStrip and MKEnhanced were made if I am not mistaken in 1998, that is more than 25 years ago.

What I am extremely happy about is that there is still us, people who all in their own way carry the torch.

The website was also in English, why did you try to translate it?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Ermac-Zero
Mortal
Side: Darkness
PSN: i prefer play offline
XBox Live: nope

Post by Ermac-Zero »

Deleted
Last edited by Ermac-Zero on Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Gambid wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:20 pm There could be a lot of reasons as to why he is no longer active within the modding community. Lack of interest, life circumstances, etc...

I wouldn't be so hard on him. MKStrip and MKEnhanced were made if I am not mistaken in 1998, that is more than 25 years ago.

What I am extremely happy about is that there is still us, people who all in their own way carry the torch.

The website was also in English, why did you try to translate it?
"There could be a lot of reasons as to why he is no longer active within the modding community. Lack of interest, life circumstances, etc..."
The reasons for not getting involved no longer matter. A man so skilled that he wastes his talent.
"...I wouldn't be so hard on him."
Why should I not be harsh with him when he reads our messages but does not answer us and ignores us. But he joined the group. Follow our posts. Even if he send me a message with nevgative answer I would understand this feedback. From my perspective this seems rude on his part. Perhaps even at this moment he is reading our messages. maybe he joined this site anonymously and reads our posts incognito. who know.
And if it wasn't him, there was always someone else to do what he did. I had so many questions for him, I wanted to organize a kind of vlog interview with him to help the users of this site as well as the mk4strip fans to understand better and easier. I had so many plans and ideas with him. if we had discovered him since then, imagine what it would be like today. Anyway, vain hopes. :( :( :(
"...MKStrip and MKEnhanced were made if I am not mistaken in 1998, that is more than 25 years ago."
it seems to me that the projects were made in 1999. mortal kombat gold was not released in 1998. there was no way to extract 3d models from MKG and put them in MK4 when in fact MKG was released in 1999.
His website about these projects was uploaded in 1999.
"...What I am extremely happy about is that there is still us, people who all in their own way carry the torch."
You right! That's why I'm glad we're here even if he demoralized me a little. I have you and 2 other users (KeshaFilm and Mics Pawel aka ermacer) in my friends and memories album. You gave me hope. Thank you!
"...The website was also in English, why did you try to translate it?."
I extracted some scriptures from the page that were exclusive only in Russian. the website subsequently underwent several changes in 5 years from 1998 to 2002.
Last edited by Noob Cyborg on Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Ermac-Zero wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:07 pm
Gambid wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:20 pm There could be a lot of reasons as to why he is no longer active within the modding community. Lack of interest, life circumstances, etc...

Never heard of MKStrip and MKEnhanced but when I google both of them, nothing found. it's why Gambid said they were make in 1998. so, that would impossible to bring them back.
check this https://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?sec ... 4-Enhanced and this: viewforum.php?f=52
Ermac-Zero
Mortal
Side: Darkness
PSN: i prefer play offline
XBox Live: nope

Post by Ermac-Zero »

by the way, I’m from the USA and I have been a long time fan of MK franchise since 1994 thanks to the ninjas as well Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, etc

anyway, this topic is about Sorceresssoft so, I will talk about my problem with MK Gold mods in MK Gold Modding section if you want to check it out then you or someone else can help me with that situation

Return to “General Discussion”