Change movement speed

MFS
Warrior

Change movement speed

Post by MFS »

Hi, plz does anyone know how is it possible to change the walking speed of a character? For ex., I'd like to decrease the speed of secret classic Jade so she will walk like a regular char and not 1000 miles per hour. As I understand I should change something in MK ScriptBinary? Any help would be appreciated.

Telegram: @mfskhaos
zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Re: Change movement speed

Post by zepterrian »

You can check if the tweakvars tool can offer you that possibility.
For the raptor race...
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

zepterrian wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:51 pm You can check if the tweakvars tool can offer you that possibility.
You mean MK ScriptBinary Extractor 0.2 Beta? I cannot make it work properly. For some reason it found something only in Chameleon file (which is a mod) but with some errors. It made a "indextable" file which I can view in hex editor (and don't understand a thing :o ). In other .xxx files the tool finds nothing. Should I do something specific to make the tool work?
Thanx for reply! :D
Attachments
Hex.png
Cons.png
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

MFS wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:42 pm
zepterrian wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:51 pm You can check if the tweakvars tool can offer you that possibility.
You mean MK ScriptBinary Extractor 0.2 Beta? I cannot make it work properly. For some reason it found something only in Chameleon file (which is a mod) but with some errors. It made a "indextable" file which I can view in hex editor (and don't understand a thing :o ). In other .xxx files the tool finds nothing. Should I do something specific to make the tool work?
THIS one.
That will allow you to modify features of moves and special moves like speed, recovery time after move, etc.
I never looked for walking speed though, but you can try.
For the raptor race...
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

zepterrian wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:28 pm
MFS wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:42 pm
THIS one.
That will allow you to modify features of moves and special moves like speed, recovery time after move, etc.
I never looked for walking speed though, but you can try.
Wow thank you again! Looks like it can help. But is there any tutorial? What shall I do with these crazy numbers?

I mean I tried to change them randomly but nothing changes in game... :roll:
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2023-02-04 в 2.18.30.png
Снимок экрана 2023-02-04 в 2.18.30.png (7.52 KiB) Viewed 8846 times
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

make sure to have the mkscriptbinary file along with the program too.
Modify the hex data to whatever value, press save, inject the scriptbinary into your char file and test.
I dont have much experience with this but I'm sure it works. Trial and error.
For the raptor race...
mkmodder111
Mortal

Post by mkmodder111 »

zepterrian wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:06 pm make sure to have the mkscriptbinary file along with the program too.
Modify the hex data to whatever value, press save, inject the scriptbinary into your char file and test.
I dont have much experience with this but I'm sure it works. Trial and error.
Hey,

I used some tools you've posted to edit TweakVars of MK9. I've done some test edits, but I'm stuck figuring out how to inject MKScriptBinary back to the xxx archive.
I've tried quickbms and your multi injector, they both fail saying there is no file in the archive. I had a glance in the archive via UE Explorer, and only found that there is an .mko file with the class MKScriptBinary. Do you know how to inject this properly?

Thanks

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”