Kombat Kolumns Rant

SpiDoL
Mortal

Re: Kombat Kolumns Rant

Post by SpiDoL »

Gambid wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:48 pm Why do you allow someone's opinion to influence you and to prevent you from enjoying the game? What does the one has to do with the other? How is it possible that only now you are reacting in some way?
Because even to this day no one wants to play the game with me online, despite the fact that there's plenty of easy ways to do so. Believe me, I've tried everything, and the one and only problem is that people are too lazy to set the game up on their end. Every time this happens, it feels like ded's taunting me because the circumstances are in his favor.

Other than that, nothing's prevented me from enjoying the game all these years, and I thank you for apologizing that ded's article has haunted me for so long.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat Trilogy is a 27 year old game and the PC version never became that popular to begin with. These alone might be some of the reasons why you cannot find people to play against online. Not to speak that online play is not supported without additional effort.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy was recently released on GOG so that might be your chance to motivate some people to play.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
SpiDoL
Mortal

Post by SpiDoL »

Gambid wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:25 pm Mortal Kombat Trilogy is a 27 year old game and the PC version never became that popular to begin with. These alone might be some of the reasons why you cannot find people to play against online. Not to speak that online play is not supported without additional effort.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy was recently released on GOG so that might be your chance to motivate some people to play.
I meant every CD version of the game, not just the PC. The N64 version might be a different story, but I don't count it because it's a completely different game.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

The same could be said about every version of the game. It would have been very different if the game was playable on modern consoles. The only recent release is the GOG one.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
ded
God

Post by ded »

Some clarification, since I just discovered this wonderful threat:

1. I actually enjoy MKT (except N64) version. I really tried my best to do a decent combo video, so everyone who's favorite game it is, would enjoy it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiiFJwHfdx0

More over, I was referring to competitive play, not fun casuals. Even so, I explicitly mentioned that even the N64 is still played at high level (with some limitations) in our MK History - Episode 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Art9WDu4BN4. We dedicated more time on MK Trilogy than UMK3 in these series, keep that in mind.

2. Midway Arcade Treasures ARE emulation of the game. I do not know about you, but I had financial issues back in 2004, as I was still not an adult. MAME was free with almost perfect emulation, yet I had to spend money for Midway Arcade Treasures and the issues, mentioned in the article, really did upset me. I felt right to mention these, since i do not see them mentioned anywhere else.

3. Sony PSP fat models (3001 i believe?) had one of the worst optics. Your only chance to not scratch the game, was to mod your console and download it on your internal storage. Jade's fight in MKII made the game crash if you play the game like that. I most probably forgot to mentioned this.

4. As for PSN, it is actually a decent version, if you exclude the loud noise. Interestingly enough, it is modified MAT2 version. You can even replace the files from the archive with the ones from MAT2 PS2 and the game will run, but with no sound. I've made a MKII comparison with the arcade, including all Arcade Kollection versions (after Patch) and PSN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzwHShJ5JaI

Seems people enjoy it after all, as I have not seen anyone else doing it.

Return to “Feedback And Questions”