Post by zepterrian »

Nothing

For the raptor race...
PixelDudeUltra
Apprentice
Side: Light

Re: Tutorial: Character mesh mod

Post by PixelDudeUltra »

So far.......so good i guess, after trying my luck i suppose i'll just leave the skin to USF
any advice? :)
MKKE 2023-02-01 01-18-21-034.jpg
MKKE 2023-02-01 01-18-43-538.jpg
MKKE 2023-02-01 01-18-53-422.jpg
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

Guys, how do you make textures for the new mesh? For example I found the 3D character I need in the Net with all the textures (usually it's a whole bunch of pictures cut into pieces), replaced the original 3D mesh with it, now how shall I make the textures in proper MK9 format (diff, NormHQA, pmsk, spec)?
Telegram: @mfskhaos
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

And another question. :) If I want not to change the whole model but some elements of the existing model (haircut for instance), is the any easy way to do it without all that "layer change/weight transfer" philosophy?
I tried to delete an element and replace it with a new one + rename it as the old one (Mesh_...), but during export I get error. Any advices? :cry:
Telegram: @mfskhaos
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

MFS wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:19 pm And another question. :) If I want not to change the whole model but some elements of the existing model (haircut for instance), is the any easy way to do it without all that "layer change/weight transfer" philosophy?
I tried to delete an element and replace it with a new one + rename it as the old one (Mesh_...), but during export I get error. Any advices? :cry:
In my experience that should be something really simple. You still need the weight transfer step for your new piece of mesh because that new part must know how to behave in game.
Just take your new haircut, transfer the data from the old haircut to the new one (in case of females for example) and then grab the new one and make the replacement.
Then highlight the new mesh part in object mode and just export.
I think I'm not missing anything else so that'd be the way.
For the raptor race...
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

Well all good with this tutorial except the glowing character, i even managed to transfer weights to each part i.e each hand, leg, right and left side of the head(separated the hair too), right and left side of the chest, and now fatalities like Kung Lao's are working properly, but that damn glowing.
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

zepterrian wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:10 pmNothing
I dont know if ur still interested in this method of swapping either way i think i made a small breakthrough, i kinda fixed the glowing thingy, i got hold of the pmsk file, it was in .tga format so no alpha channel, what i did was create an empty alpha channel, invert it so everything is black and did the same for the spec map and diff, but for diff without inverting(channel remained all white), and injected the 3 maps, now if anyone could figure the NormHQA map, the guide could be completed finally
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

sultan0017 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:23 am
zepterrian wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:10 pmNothing
I dont know if ur still interested in this method of swapping either way i think i made a small breakthrough, i kinda fixed the glowing thingy, i got hold of the pmsk file, it was in .tga format so no alpha channel, what i did was create an empty alpha channel, invert it so everything is black and did the same for the spec map and diff, but for diff without inverting(channel remained all white), and injected the 3 maps, now if anyone could figure the NormHQA map, the guide could be completed finally
That's quite a big task but it works too.
Nevertheless the glowing effect can also be solved by importing your new produced mesh and then exporting it without making any changes to it (AlterL's tip). The result might be cleaner in this way.
For the raptor race...
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

zepterrian wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:35 pm
That's quite a big task but it works too.
Nevertheless the glowing effect can also be solved by importing your new produced mesh and then exporting it without making any changes to it (AlterL's tip). The result might be cleaner in this way.
This would have been good to know earlier lol, either way thanks less trouble now, and now the only thing left are the eyes, they r all white, so will work on that tomorrow.
L_K_Fisto17
Warrior

Post by L_K_Fisto17 »

Does anyone know why the models that i import goes to fuck up with the bones?
Attachments
ae.png
Checkout the new account called "NiteOwl85"
sultan0017
Warrior

Post by sultan0017 »

I made this bat file which should semi-automate the injection part, should be easy to and the skeletalmesh file needs to be in the skeletalmesh.new format which is produced when you export the mesh from blender, obviously place it in the mk9mesh directory then run it
MESH INJECTION.rar
(333 Bytes) Downloaded 40 times

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”