MK3 pc MS-DOS to 8bit

Sayman
Mortal

MK3 pc MS-DOS to 8bit

Post by Sayman »

Hello. Are there any programs for extracting graphics from MS DOS version of MK3?

Thanx!

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK3 pc MS-DOS to 8bit

Post by Gambid »

I have never looked into that. I have never seen such programs done. Why do you need to do that?
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Sayman
Mortal

Post by Sayman »

Gambid wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:23 pm I have never looked into that. I have never seen such programs done. Why do you need to do that?
Hello!
If I understand correctly, then the sizes of the characters in the ms-dos version are different from the sizes for other platforms (like Arcade or similar). I took a screenshot from the game for ms-dos. made a character selection. received dimensions. These sizes are perfect for my purpose.
and at the moment there is only one goal - to drag MK3 for an 8-bit computer Sprinter 2000, which has a comparable screen resolution - 320 * 256, 8 bits per pixel and a 24-bit palette. Sprites from other sources - MUGEN or the Internet - there are larger character sizes.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I understand. I would however still advice you to use the arcade sprites and resize them as needed. The Arcade sprites are the source sprites and thus have the highest possible quality. The sprites of all other versions have been additionally compressed to some degree.

I will ask around though, may be someone knows.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

Sayman wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm Hello!
If I understand correctly, then the sizes of the characters in the ms-dos version are different from the sizes for other platforms
I can't figure out the file format of the *.FTR and DATA.MK3 files. They are definitely unique when compared to the PS3/Saturn/PC versions.
ded
God

Post by ded »

Return to “Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, MK3 and MK Trilogy”