MK Actors Unite To Re-Release MK4 Via Arcade1Up, Petition Link Included

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

MK Actors Unite To Re-Release MK4 Via Arcade1Up, Petition Link Included

Post by Roy Arkon »

Last Year, we reported that there is a movement to re-release Mortal Kombat 4 in it's original Arcade version via Arcade1Up, with the hashtag of #FreeMK4. The movement was already strong enough back then to get the attention of Ed Boon himself, but we still needed to see if it does go any further. And as it seems right now, this movement goes really, really strong.

A YouTuber by the name of ConsoleFanboy is pushing the movement really hard to get Arcade1Up and John D, who is the manager of licensing and business development in the company, to re-release MK4 in it's Arcade version, just like how the company already did for Mortal Kombat 1, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3 Vanilla and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. How hard, you may ask? By getting several of the klassic MK motion capture actors to send the message to Arcade1Up and John D to re-release MK4. Yes, THAT hard.

As of right now, ConsoleFanboy already managed to get the help of John Turk (Reptile, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung and the rest of the male Ninjas in MK3, MK4 and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero) Kerry Hoskins (Sonya Blade in MK3 and MK4), Richard Divizio (Kano, Baraka, Kabal and Quan Chi across all MK Arcade games and MKM:SZ) and Denial Pesina (Reptile, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke and Johnny Cage in MK1 and MK2), to all send the message to Arcade1Up and John D. as you can see in the video below.
So yes, the movement is truly strong at this point. MK4 is yet the only klassic MK game to not get a re-release in any way, and now both MK fans and workers want it more than ever. And if you want the re-release for MK4 to come to fruition as well, you can support the movement by signing on the petition link right here. Hopefully, and sooner rather than later, we can all get to #FreeMK4.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK Actors Unite To Re-Release MK4 Via Arcade1Up, Petition Link Included

Post by Gambid »

I wish them luck, just like any other fan driven project.

This is indeed an interesting one.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”