TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

Post by wyruzzah »

Cool i finally fixed bug with wagers for Wraith General or i think so.. i tried 7x wagers and zod voice is not there..its good finally :) Now i really need fix shared hit sounds for Zod/Wraith general and im ready to rumble, if someone have some idea let me know here or PS, thx.

crinale13
Mortal

Post by crinale13 »

Would someone please help me! I am trying to replace Scorpion's Japanese voice actor with the English voice actor; however, things seemed to go chaotic for me as I tried so hard to follow the tutorial given in the first page of this forum, but the situation for me always ended up in failure...

I'd realized while playing Injustice under the Japanese language, Zatanna, one of the DLC characters for the game actually spoke in English instead of Japanese, which is why I am in this critical situation in the first place.

If anyone is willingly kind enough to solve this situation for me, I have attached the necessary audio files. Only the voice clips for Scorpion are in English but are under the prefix "jp_vo" to ensure these files replace the voice clips from Scorpion's Japanese voice actor.

I cannot do this by myself, because I am extremely poor in modding projects...
Attachments
Scorpion Japanese to English Project.zip
This compressed folder contains the necessary audio files.
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 429 times
crinale13
Mortal

Post by crinale13 »

It's been a day, since nobody has yet to respond to my problem. I am in a desperate situation at this moment. If nobody is willing to help me in replacing Scorpion's Japanese voice actor with Scorpion's English voice actor, I will be very depressed...
crinale13
Mortal

Post by crinale13 »

I have found out that my uploaded folder containing the audio files for my project had been downloaded five times.

I'm very glad to see that there are people willing to help me in exchanging Scorpion's Japanese voice actor with the English voice actor. For those who are taking part of helping me get this project done, I wish them all the best.
CappiedieLaggidy
Apprentice
PSN: Steam: caplagrobin | Aiyetoro Metruian
XBox Live: CapLagRobin

Post by CappiedieLaggidy »

delete
jml27
Mortal

Post by jml27 »

rizzn wrote:On this tutorial I also assume you have a DLC character ready.

I'm working with "CHAR_Deathstroke_D.xxx" in this tutorial.

Be prepared if you want this to work on all languages, you have to modify all the language files. For now I explain it for the english files. Simply injecting the english FSB file to all language archives won't work because most of the FSB files have different offsets in their corresponding .xxx archive!

Also just for information, the regular announcer from the character selection screen CAN NOT be changed yet (it didn't work for me). You can edit the mp3 file but it will still play the announcer sound of the main character (in my example Deathstroke). Don't know how to fix this yet.

This is the result:
https://vimeo.com/82154888 [Wager sounds at the end of video]

TOOLS NEEDED
  • Sound editing software (Adobe Audition or another)
  • decompress.exe {by Gildor}
  • FsbExtractor {by Aezay}
  • Generic Renamer {by HowardC}
  • Generic Injector {by HowardC}
  • Hex Editor
STEP 1 - Collecting sounds and preparing sound archive
After collecting a few sound shots (I took these) we can start off editing the files.

Get SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke_eng.xxx from your "DiscContentPCG\Sounds" folder. Drag this over decompress.exe and continue working with the decompressed file, delete the old one. Move the new file to your "Generic Renamer" folder because we prepare the file for your DLC character.

Start MKKEGenericRenamer.exe and fill the boxes as following:

Code: Select all

Archive to Search for Strings: SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke_eng.xxx
Original String:               SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke_eng
New String:                    SND_SPEECH_DP_eng
Click "Replace Strings!" and rename this strings now:

Archive to Search for Strings: SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke_eng.xxx
Original String:               SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke
New String:                    SND_SPEECH_DP
In my case there were replaced 4 strings overall after these two steps. Then I renamed my file to SND_SPEECH_DP_eng.xxx

STEP 2 - Creating the original FSB bank
Your speech file should be ready. Now we need to find the offsets to create our original FSB files first. Open the Hex Editor and open your .xxx file in it. Search for "FSB5" string. There is only one inside.
offset.jpg
Now we know our original FSB file is called "embedded_0002282f.fsb". You need this original file to inject your modified FSB file later.

Make a copy of "SND_SPEECH_DP_eng.xxx" and rename it to embedded_0002282f.fsb. Open this in the Hex Editor again. Search again for "FSB5" and remove everything BEFORE the string "FSB5".

Now go to the the end of the file and remove the following block. (Only remove the line with null bytes if the FsbExtractor gives you a warning!)
end-of-file.jpg
Our original FSB is ready. That's what fsbii.exe does with FSB4 file format automatically.

STEP 3 - Mod your sounds
If you want you can now export all the mp3 files from your FSB with FsbExtractor and modify them. Just drag & drop the FSB bank to the FsbExtractor.

Please make sure your files are smaller or the same size as the original files! That's important, otherwise you can't inject them back!

Usually the files are:
  • 48 kHz
  • CBR (constant bitrate)
  • 128 - 320 kbps (this varies from file to file)
If you have a file in 320 kbps and saved your modified version, which is probably bigger. Just save it in 256 kbps which is always smaller in the result. They will get played ingame.

STEP 4 - Create modded FSB bank and inject
Now we can create our modded FSB file to inject it back. You can try creating a new FSB from scratch with fsbank.exe (make sure you use the correct settings on creating). Otherwise we can inject mp3 files with HowardC's Generic Injector. That's how I did it until now.

Copy (!!!) embedded_0002282f.fsb, original_sound.mp3, your_modded_sound.mp3 to the Generic Injector folder.

Archive to Inject Into: embedded_0002282f.fsb
Original File:          original_sound.mp3
New File:               your_modded_sound.mp3
Now press the "Inject it!" button. I have done this single inject step for every mp3 file. Sometimes this may take a while, but it works.

If your modded FSB bank is done, you need to inject it back to the .xxx archive. But before this, rename your new FSB file to something like "modded_embedded_0002282f.fsb".

Archive to Inject Into: SND_SPEECH_DP_eng.xxx
Original File:          embedded_0002282f.fsb
New File:               modded_embedded_0002282f.fsb
STEP 5 - Prepare character file for new sound archive
The last step is to make your character file ready for the new sound archive, with renaming the strings it will now play the sounds of your modified SND_SPEECH archive.

Open CHAR_Deathstroke_D.xxx in the Generic Renamer, doing this:

Archive to Search for Strings: CHAR_Deathstroke_D.xxx
Original String:               SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke_eng
New String:                    SND_SPEECH_DP_eng
And this:

Archive to Search for Strings: CHAR_Deathstroke_D.xxx
Original String:               SND_SPEECH_Deathstroke
New String:                    SND_SPEECH_DP
ADDITIONAL NOTES
I know this can be a little bit confusing probably on the first try, but if you done this a few times, it's really easy. You can do the same steps on your Intro and Victory files.

For example there you work with:
- Joker_Intro.xxx and SND_CIN_INT_Joker_eng.xxx
or
- Joker_Victory.xxx and SND_CIN_VIC_Joker_eng.xxx

Do you know in which file we can find the quotes from the cutscenes ? Thank you in advance
Elias
Mortal

Post by Elias »

is this tutorial still useful?
Marce_3405
Master
Side: Darkness

Post by Marce_3405 »

Can you upload the fsb extractor? the link fell
Sorry if there are errors in English, I speak Spanish and I use Google translate
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

File was attached to the first post.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”