MK11 Has Received A New Patch With Updates To The Premium Shop

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: MK11 Has Received A New Patch With Updates To The Premium Shop

Post by Roy Arkon »

But why they would do it only now when the invasion happened in February? They could've easily do it back in the April patch as it is only a super small change that shouldn't cross in any way with the crossover changes (no pun intended). Also the explanation that they won't do it out of an artistic decision due to the end of the support doesn't make sense, because once again, we got the crossover patch before this one. The end of support for MK11U meant that it won't get any DLC or balance support, but the support for features is still intact (crossover, premium shop etc;), which means they can go for visual changes still, as it isn't included in DLC or balance support. And not to mention that doing this out of censorship due to a real-life war between countries is a much more serious factor than just ending support for the game, which means that if that was the reason for it, they would it at their first opportunity, AKA in the April crossover patch.

Is it highly logical that it would happen out of an artistic choice? All things considered, no, but it is defiantly more logical than doing it out censorship 10 months later.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I cannot say I agree. No company would give money for something like this after the game has more or less ran its course and doing such changes costs money and actually brings nothing. Skarlet is not the most popular character and the design was not something fans complained a lot, like Shao Kahn's arm for example.

Why now? As I explained, somebody from upper management caught wind of the skin and decided that it puts the company in a bad light. So before someone blows this out of proportions on Twitter for example, they take action.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mobile game gets an update next.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

First of, people actually complained about Shao Kahn's arm? If this is true then it only puts even more negative light on the community being nitpicky at an out-of-proprtions level.

And back to the topic, that still doesn't explain why they would do this now. Again, it doesn't make any sense they would wait this long to do it because of the invasion when they could've done it already in April. And you wanna talk about people blowing this out of proportions on social media? I saw the Reddit thread that you sent a few comments ago, and a good amount of people there that are either anti-SJW's or community shills that just wanna feel cool on the interent are complaining about it, saying that this is "woke crap". So the complaining would've happen either way, because as I said, the NRS/WB community is insanely nitpicky and complaning-heavy, and that sadly says a lot considering that this is the common theme across all of social media, and sadly within a ton of pop-culture fanbase, so while you can still be fan of anything you want, it is insanely difficult nowadays to be a member of the communities that are supposed to celebrate the pop-culture franchises that we love too, because of blowing over nonsense like this.

If NRS/WB would've want to avoid any social media blowing, they wouldn't do it at all to begin with. So once again, this can't be the reason for it.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”