Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Warm-Up: Trailer, Hidden Game Announcement?, Artwork and Interview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Warm-Up: Trailer, Hidden Game Announcement?, Artwork and Interview

Post by Gambid »

Mortal Kombat's 30th Anniversary is mere hours (as of writing this article) away from us. Netherrealm Studios and different media publications are starting to release different types of content to honor the franchise's vivid history or contribution to the gaming industry. So lets have a look:

30th Anniversary Trailer
We will kick off with a very well edited 30th Anniversary trailer by Netherrealm Studios themselves, that incorporates a montage with scenes taken from almost every single form of Mortal Kombat media out there. From the games, to the movies, to the animated movies and series. Have a look:
Not so Hidden Mortal Kombat 1 Re-release?

Keep an eye on the games list at the end of the above trailer. Among the Play Now games, we see the logo of the original Mortal Kombat 1. This game is not available on any current generation system, excluding PC (over GOG). So, is this a hidden announcement for a re-release of the game that started it all? Guess we will know very soon. Here is a screencapture for your convenience:
Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Play Now Games
30th Anniversary Artwork and Logos
Netherrealm Studios has released a set of logos and artwork for the Mortal Kombat's 30th Anniversary. One of them in particular represents a really cool Mortal Kombat dragon logo with scenes from different games of the franchise. And here they are:
Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Artwork Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Logo Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Logo Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Logo
Ed Boon Interview with Brian Tong
We will finish our Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Warm-up with a very cool Ed Boon interview by Brian Tong.
Stay close to our website as we continue to report on the events around Mortal Kombat's 30th Anniversary which hits tomorrow, October 8th, 2022.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
30thAnniversaryPayNowGames.jpg
mk30th_anniversary_square_logo.jpg
mk30th_anniversary_horizontal_logo_black.jpg
mk30th_anniversary_horizontal_logo.jpg
mk30th_anniversary_art.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Warm-Up: Trailer, Hidden Game Announcement?, Artwork and Interview

Post by Roy Arkon »

30 years, that's a huge milestone for anything. I still remember how I first got introduced to Mortal Kombat, when I was at my cousin's home, seeing him playing MK1 on the Mega Drive, doing Scorpion's Toasty Fatality, and then nearly a year later, me and my brother got the MS-DOS port of MK2, and I was hooked ever since.

I played A LOT of fighting games in my life from various franchises: Injustice, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Soul Calibur, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Tekken, and some Multiversus, Bloody Roar, Dead or Alive, Dragon Ball fighting games like the Budokai series and Dragon Ball FighterZ, Samurai Shodown, Virtua Fighter and even X-Men Mutant Academy and Red Earth. But none, and I mean NONE, did a bigger impact on me than Mortal Kombat. From the iconic and memorable characters, to the captivating and rich lore, to the all of the secrets, challenges and fun moments that each game offered, the perfect placement and balance between serious and humorous moments in each game, and to the various movies and shows.

Cheers to Ed Boon and John Tobias, Midway, NetherRealm Studios, Warner Bros. Games and Acclaim for delivering the best and the greatest fighting game series of all time, and my personal favorite video game series of all time, Mortal kombat, for 30 years, and still going strong!
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
ded
God

Re: Mortal Kombat 30th Anniversary Warm-Up: Trailer, Hidden Game Announcement?, Artwork and Interview

Post by ded »

Do all we got for the 30th Anniversary was just a trailer?! Sad...
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

No, we got multiple things over the last year:
1) Arcade1Up Legacy Edition that includes MK1, MK2 and UMK3
2) MK11 Ultimate + MK 2021 movie bundle
3) Various MK11U Bundles
4) MK Legends Snow Blind animated movie which is about to be released tomorrow
5) MK Trilogy's PC port on GOG

We got all of that on top of that trailer, and considering the 20th anniversary in 2012 at which all we got was a short documentary, or the 25th anniversary in 2017 at which we only got Raiden as a guest character in IJ2 and a timed rearrange of the Living Towers in MKXL for like a week, this is actually the biggest anniversary celebration that we had so far.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

I agree that it is the biggest do far.

However a lot of people expected something on the exact date and nothing really happened.

Even the trailer was released a day before.

What of course needs to be considered is that the 8th was a Saturday.

Btw I am sure that Snow Blind will not disappoint, it should have been released on the 8th though.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I mean it makes perfect that the date happen to be on Saturday is the cause of this. Gaming studios don't work on Saturdays, so releasing the trailer the day before and not doing anything on the actual date makes perfect sense.

Return to “News Articles”