Ed Boon's Twitter AMA Highlights Shaolin Monks, MK4, The Grid and Next MK

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Ed Boon's Twitter AMA Highlights Shaolin Monks, MK4, The Grid and Next MK

Post by Gambid »

A couple of days ago, Mortal Kombat co-creator and Netherrealm Studios creative director Ed Boon hosted a Ask Me Anything session on Twitter.

The session itself gathered more than 800 comments with several hundreds questions. Answered were however only handful of questions. So, lets go through the most interesting parts of the AMA. For better reading experience we will rewrite the questions a little bit, without changing what is indeed asked:

Q: When will we finally get a Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks remaster or an emulated re-release of the arcade version of Mortal Kombat 4?
Ed Boon: You KNOW we’ve talked about this. But its hard to fit in a big project like that and continuing to make our MK and Injustice games. Some day.

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

Q: Will something be announced at the Game Awards (taking place on December 8th 2022)?
Ed Boon: I can’t give a YES or NO to that question.

Q: Will Tremor return at some point?
Ed Boon: I’d be surprised if you never saw Tremor appear in one of our future games. But I can’t promise he will be in our next game.

Q: Know you’ve been asked a bunch. But I would really love to see The Grid make a return to modern consoles. Always had a blast playing the 3 player unit at my local arcade before they got rid of it.
Ed Boon: I love that game too.

Q: When will we get Mortal Kombat 12 (asked multiple times)?
Ed Boon: MK11 was our biggest MK ever. I’d be surprised if we NEVER did another one.
Ed Boon: Glad you want to see another Mortal Kombat. But we aren’t ready to announce our next game yet. Sorry.
Ed Boon: We aren’t ready to announce it yet. Each game has a planned schedule from announce to launch.

As you can see the answered questions have wide variety. What you can get out of this is, no Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks or Mortal Kombat 4 at the moment and we should definitely be looking at this years' Game Awards (just don't get too excited). Answering a question about The Grid was also a nice reminder of the existence of the game. For those who do not know, The Grid was developed by the Mortal Kombat team at Midway after Mortal Kombat 4 and featured MK characters like Scorpion. Have a look at its trailer:
You can read the entire Twitter thread right here.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-shaolin-monks.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Ed Boon's Twitter AMA Highlights Shaolin Monks, MK4, The Grid and Next MK

Post by Roy Arkon »

Great answers by Ed. I did see that there is a current movement to bring back MK4 with #FreeMK4, maybe WB will see this and think "hmmm.... maybe we should go for it".
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”