Mortal Kombat Trilogy Kommunity Patch

cubanraul
Mortal

Mortal Kombat Trilogy Kommunity Patch

Post by cubanraul »

This will be the official thread for the Mortal Kombat Trilogy Kommunity Patch.

This patch will allow Mortal Kombat Trilogy to be installed on modern versions of Windows. The current patch allows the user to install the game using some files from the PC (Windows, DOS, & GOG), Playstation or Saturn version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Changes in MK Trilogy 3.42 8/18/23
*Fix for DOS version crash

Changes in MK Trilogy 3.41 1/15/23
*Fixed scaling options

Changes in MK Trilogy 3.40 1/13/23
*Added additional FPS options
*Corrected music playback speed for UMK3 tracks
*Replaced DOS4GW with DOS32A
*Restored missing file in DOS version
Full History

-
Attachments
MKTSetup342.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.42
(75.15 MiB) Downloaded 1900 times
MKTSetup341.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.41
(77.91 MiB) Downloaded 2570 times
MKTSetup340.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.40
(77.91 MiB) Downloaded 270 times
MKTSetup_339BETA.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.39
(77.67 MiB) Downloaded 1103 times
MKTSetup_338.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.38
(77.59 MiB) Downloaded 1042 times
MKTSetup_337.zip
MKT Kommunity Patch 3.37
(77.66 MiB) Downloaded 550 times
Last edited by cubanraul on Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy Kommunity Patch

Post by Gambid »

Welcome back to the forums and great work on the patch.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
dccm5
Mortal

Post by dccm5 »

Hey Guys,

Amazing work on the patch! I cant believe its the game with the patch. Wish I checked for this before purchasing. Three things would make this perfect:

-Settings don't seem to save for me. I exit the game and control and game settings are returned to default.
-Remove the delay after defeating an opponent. If you check the normal game it goes to the next round almost instantly.
-CRT scanlines are soft. Hard scanlines would be ideal.

Overall I am extremely excited about this release. Looks like the speed has been corrected as well. Thanks so much for keeping this alive!
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

Glad you like it!
  • Controller settings in the Windows version look to save. In-game settings cannot be though. Which version are you playing?
  • The delay appears the same as the original PC release and the Saturn version. I don't have the PS1 on hand.
  • Nice that someone else actually appreciates scanlines. The DOS version has a more intense scanline effect. There are a few different shader/scaler options in the DOSBox config file MKTRIL.CFG.
Parallax MK
Mortal

Post by Parallax MK »

Hi, guys

I have tested the game and it is running smoothly. Now a query, I long ago sent an MK Trilogy that had announcers and tracks of MK1 but stopped working for Windows 10 although natively it is for XP and 7 (without updating Windows), it would only be missing that they make it compatible for modern windows and the theme of the Joystick or pad.

I have the game for you to download and try. Abystus made a table to add tracks but could only in the version that I had, since I did not require an ISO (Bin. CUE) of music.
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

I believe I was sent that in the past. Didn't it use a replacement DLL? I can certainly take another look.

To do something like that again, I'd have to move the logic into the game. I just don't know where that data is stored.I wish it was just somewhere in the levels themselves.
Parallax MK
Mortal

Post by Parallax MK »

cubanraul wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:58 pm I believe I was sent that in the past. Didn't it use a replacement DLL? I can certainly take another look.

To do something like that again, I'd have to move the logic into the game. I just don't know where that data is stored.I wish it was just somewhere in the levels themselves.
I send for gmail.com the game Raul.
dccm5
Mortal

Post by dccm5 »

dccm5 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:53 pm Hey Guys,

Amazing work on the patch! I cant believe its the game with the patch. Wish I checked for this before purchasing. Three things would make this perfect:

-Settings don't seem to save for me. I exit the game and control and game settings are returned to default.
-Remove the delay after defeating an opponent. If you check the normal game it goes to the next round almost instantly.
-CRT scanlines are soft. Hard scanlines would be ideal.

Overall I am extremely excited about this release. Looks like the speed has been corrected as well. Thanks so much for keeping this alive!
Scan lines take me back! I agree, after reviewing that the after match delay is accurate. I’m just really looking to have ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but with the additional characters and levels. I think the speed and everything for UMK3 is perfect, it's just just lacking some additional features.
Does anybody think there’s ever going to be a way other than Ed Boon supporting a remastered to get the higher quality graphics like the arcade for the trilogy? I'd still really like the speed after matches to be mirrored to UMK3. Trilogy loses the pace a bit.

Also not sure what you mean by windows version looking to save in. I’m running the windows version but I can’t seem to find a file to modify. If DOSbox has better scan-lines I’ll look into that. Just wasn't sure if there was a secret hot key to get additional options or maybe a local file.

Haven’t had a chance just yet but will update the thread once I do. it would also be a great mod to allow online play with a port rather than LAN only. Already amazing to have a multiplayer option though. Keep it up guys!
MrDowntempo
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by MrDowntempo »

This patch is great! And I'm enjoying it on my Windows PC. I have a question about how it modifies the DOS version of the game. Does it act as a windows wrapper around it? Or does it modify the DOX executable directly. I'm curious simply because I'd like to use the DOS version of this modified game on other operating systems such as Linux. But it would also be quite cool to see if it could run directly under DOS as well.

Thanks for the excellent patch!
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

dccm5 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:53 pm it would also be a great mod to allow online play with a port rather than LAN only.
I've tried this with the DOS version but I'm unsure if there is a lack of compatibility with DOSBox or if the DOS version's netplay was never finished. As far as I know, the fact the netplay even exists for DOS was never mentioned in promotion for the game or the manual.
MrDowntempo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:43 pm Or does it modify the DOX executable directly.
Direct modification of the DOS executable. It should function on other platforms.
dccm5
Mortal

Post by dccm5 »

So I was finally able to remap my xbox 360 Kombat sticks to this version of MKT which is great! The run button was showing up as a joystick axis so I used a program called reWASD to map it to the "RB" button on the Xbox control setting. I updated the Arcade sound I found on this site as well as the Noob Dorfen Level.
I was just about to build out my MKT arcade but the speed is just too fast compared to the UMK3 speed. It's borderline silly to me. After review, the UMK3 Arcade runs at 53.2 FPS rather than at 60. I can force the FPS to lock at 53 via my NVIDIA control panel but it affects the sound and causes terrible tearing. Does anyone have a solution to this?

So to make this perfect for me:

Lower stock 60 FPS to 53.2 FPS
Fix sound tearing at lower FPS
Darker Scan-lines (Someone mentioned you could edit these within DOSBOX but I cannot find the options).
Remove excessive delay after a Round or match ends (part of the original MKT but if this can be trimmed it would be great).
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

dccm5 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:50 pm I was just about to build out my MKT arcade but the speed is just too fast compared to the UMK3 speed.
I should really add an option to set the UMK3 speed in the install options. I will see how how easy that would be to include. Setting it to 52.6 is easiest. 53.6 is also possible but that would definitely break netplay in the Windows version.

You can change the shader within the dosbox config. You can also just disable the scaler and use dosbox's native scanline scaler. That might give the darkest scanlines.

Sound shouldn't have issues if the FPS is throttled internally. You are currently capping the framerate while the game logic is still internally 60fps. The GOG release is actually 64fps internally due to a similar way of capping the framerate.

I've had a few people ask about the round delay. I've not found the actual duration in the code yet.
itstheeump
Mortal

Post by itstheeump »

one thing that bothered me about this game is the incorrect music track for some stages (kombat tomb, pit 2, portal, jades desert, kahns kave specifically). is it possible to change the tracks to how it is in the arcade versions.
cubanraul
Mortal

Post by cubanraul »

itstheeump wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:07 am one thing that bothered me about this game is the incorrect music track for some stages (kombat tomb, pit 2, portal, jades desert, kahns kave specifically). is it possible to change the tracks to how it is in the arcade versions.
I have yet to figure that out without impacting stages that have the correct track since some of the tracks are shared.
Thr1ller
Mortal

Post by Thr1ller »

cubanraul wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:17 pm
itstheeump wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:07 am one thing that bothered me about this game is the incorrect music track for some stages (kombat tomb, pit 2, portal, jades desert, kahns kave specifically). is it possible to change the tracks to how it is in the arcade versions.
I have yet to figure that out without impacting stages that have the correct track since some of the tracks are shared.
Greetings. Already done and more. Soon I will publish here a video about was found and restored..

Return to “Mortal Kombat Trilogy Projects”